Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good Perspective
Yes got to keep an eye on the market swings and the supply and demand. Not easy forecasting the future trends.

I have been resisting a lot of temptation these days.
The prices of these cars has gone up and they have dried up pretty good. Usually when I see them for sale now, i think "Been there, done that, got the t shirt" ..... or I think "geez, that seller is smoking something strong"

I am to the point where I know my cars very well, I know where all the perfect imperfections are and I am just not into getting to know any more new cars. It's tiring and I just want to get what i have on the road. Some cars I have, I may never paint but they all need to be running soon.
I sold or gave away everything I had. I was done in the old Mopar business/ hobby. Then I saw the Satellite, had to have it, one more car and the rarest I have ever restored...or should I say, am going to restore. Will be a challenge....but worth the effort and money to me....

I sold or gave away everything I had. I was done in the old Mopar business/ hobby. Then I saw the Satellite, had to have it, one more car and the rarest I have ever restored...or should I say, am going to restore. Will be a challenge....but worth the effort and money to me....
I can understand the allure of a 66/7 B body
When I saw the belvedere 1 I wasn't really into B bodies but being a 2 door post and really unique I had to have it.

This is my car now but it is one that came from fabo.

[SOLD] - 1967 Belvedere I

Satellite you say Tim
1969 Satellite

Here was my moment of weakness, that never comes along. Besides that I told the lady that had it for 50 years, this is such a nice car but there is no way. I have so many projects going right now it ain't gonna happen. The lady said you never know.

Slept on it, it was beg, borrow, or steal time, and time to pull the trigger.

Was first in line and sewed up the deal that weekend. There were many people that were linning up to buy it the next week, had I delayed it would have been gone for sure.

This car is so pure I call it a "Princess", yes never ever been patched.

Stars lined up for me on this one . . .

20190721_191012.jpg

Good Buy on that 67 Belvedere Post Car and delivered besides, Yes

Goodnight for now, Tim and Rain . . been nice chatting with both of you.

Satellite you say Tim
1969 Satellite

Here was my moment of weakness, that never comes along. Besides that I told the lady that had it for 50 years, this is such a nice car but there is no way. I have so many projects going right now it ain't gonna happen. The lady said you never know.

Was first in line and sewed up the deal that weekend. There were many people that were linning up to buy it the next week, had I delayed it would have been gone for sure.

View attachment 1715386712
That is sweet

Satellite you say Tim
1969 Satellite

View attachment 1715386712
She's pretty!

Whenever I went to car shows, especially Carlisle, I always brought loads of cash, just in case I found a certain car. Well, this time I found one of them....I just wish I had a 2 car trailer...

Why not buy the one back from Dave next year????

I am still on the bubble on which engine to use in the wagon.

I have a 318 available, but this is not a regular 318, it's been bored with higher compression pistons. Hot cam, with lumpy idle.

When this engine was in a duster it ran low 14 high 13s, by me, so I know its mean.

Or

I have a stock low compression 73 340

I ruled out a 360 because the flywheels for external balance cost more than I care to pay now

What cam is in the 318???

I would run a 600 on that... I like the holley 80457 it's the 600 vacuum secondary version of the standard/generic 1850 holley, but comes with an electric choke and calibrated for a late 60's engine..... They are pretty good to go right out of the box... Just throw in the small yellow vacuum secondary spring and adjust the accelerator pump...

Here's one on Eddie's 340 that we built with one of Hoppy's recurved distributors....

I don't really have much of an opinion for 340s

Years ago when I had my first 74 duster, we put a 360 in it and it consistently beat my dad's 340 69 cuda. Only thing I can think is the cuda is an original and by then it had a ton of miles because my dad bought off a used car lot in 1972 and used it as a family car until 2004 when it got retired and replaced by a new Mercedes Benz

The 360 in the duster was a lot fresher but I think the 340 should have ran closer instead of being absolutely dusted

I would put Eddie's Dart up against your 360 Duster any day....
drive.gif

Eddie raced his brother's 69 Roadrunner 383 4 speed and kicked it's ***... That's before we installed Hoppy's distributor and tuned it up...

His brother's Roadrunner was halfway through the intersection when Eddie was all the way through and chirping it into second, so his brother just let off and gave up.... :steering: :lol:

Same here but way to big. I have a bathroom that I have to sink at least 10K in and 20 trans showing up pretty soon, so cheap as it can be. Not taking a loan out either, done with that crap 20 years ago.

Compromise and make a bathroom out of the shipping container... Put in a toilet and sink...
1271.gif

It could be like an out house, but fancier.... :D

So with the passing of Jessi Combs I thought of another female pioneer in our sport. Her picture is hanging in my shop. All you old racers will remember her.

View attachment 1715386564

My dad always admired Shirley Muldowney... He liked her looks...

We saw her race a couple of times at Union Grove in Wisconsin...

The nice part about building it with the 318, is that you put it together with the Stock 318 Exhaust Manifolds and you still get great performance with that 340 cam, they just flow well together.

Then you don't have to fight the PITA headers that are not fun to install, are in the way to get the spark plugs out, are in the way when you want to work on the car. Headers are 8 Pipes in the engine bay giving off excess engine noise and additional heat, where as the Cast Manifolds sends the excess heat and noise out to the back.

If you want more flow through the engine put 2", or 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" exhaust system on it all the way to the back.
2" will flow fine and is easiest to work with.

View attachment 1715386649

View attachment 1715386650

I would go with 2 1/4" exhaust on a 318.... :steering:

2" is too small... (that's what she said...:D)

My vacation from work is over... Just got off and catching up on back reading before hitting the hay.... :popcorn:

Thanks just another day. Was wiped out yesterday when I got back just slept most of the day. Have Stans Dad coming over today to finally re roof that small roof that was leaking. Good guy have to love her inlaws. He better take money for it. Actually getting lucky I have new metal roofing the came color from the rest of the roof that I was going to cover the porch with (vision of grander) So can pitch that on a slope and use it. He used to do fire restoration so he is fine doing this for sure.

Thanks just another day. Was wiped out yesterday when I got back just slept most of the day. Have Stans Dad coming over today to finally re roof that small roof that was leaking. Good guy have to love her inlaws. He better take money for it. Actually getting lucky I have new metal roofing the came color from the rest of the roof that I was going to cover the porch with (vision of grander) So can pitch that on a slope and use it. He used to do fire restoration so he is fine doing this for sure.

It's nice to have a good roof over your head...

-
Back