Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just needs a 4 speed

20170505_211751.jpg

The nice part about building it with the 318, is that you put it together with the Stock 318 Exhaust Manifolds and you still get great performance with that 340 cam, they just flow well together.

Then you don't have to fight the PITA headers that are not fun to install, are in the way to get the spark plugs out, are in the way when you want to work on the car. Headers are 8 Pipes in the engine bay giving off excess engine noise and additional heat, where as the Cast Manifolds sends the excess heat and noise out to the back.

If you want more flow through the engine put 2", or 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" exhaust system on it all the way to the back.
2" will flow fine and is easiest to work with.

1126171638c.jpg

0601172045.jpg

TTI headers fit like a glove, and flo much improved over the cast manifolds. But manifolds do work.....But with the small valves and restricted airflow with the factory 318 heads, not much of an improvement will be seen with headers.

302 Closed Chamber Heads are a nice all around performance upgrade, makes them talk even with the stock manifolds. They actually have better port flow design, than the factory 318 heads from the 70s.

318 4.jpg

Same 302, 646, 714, all the same head just different casting numbers

They sent one pair through as one 302, and one 714, same head. Runs Fine

Good Eye on seeing that cast #

Same 302, 646, 714, all the same head just different casting numbers

They sent one pair through as one 302, and one 714, same head. Runs Fine

Good Eye on seeing that cast #
I put a set of 714 heads on the 66 Dart I sold to DDaddy. Ran like a champ.

Got my new fabric for my tarp shed. 24x40. I want to put metal on the end walls, been searching the www to see if it has been done before. Searching for ideas. All dead ends. I have seen it just cant find any info.

Good for you, that makes it a real nice car when you wish you had it back.

Good Job on it . . .
I was back there with a one car trailer. Found one of my bucket list cars, really pissed off DDaddy, but bought a 66 Satellite 383 4 speed convertible instead. one owner, rust bucket...but all there complete,35K on the clock. Needs total resto. One of 27 Built. Was a tough decision...Dave is a good friend.....

Tough desicions to make some times. And when the cars come up that you want it's "Beg, Borrow, or Steal Time" to come up with the resources to make it happen, you wait and the car is gone end of story.

Convert, 383, 4spd, that's a rare one. DDaddy is a good guy and he understands.

Tough desicions to make some times. And when the cars come up that you want it's "Beg, Borrow, or Steal Time" to come up with the resources to make it happen, you wait and the car is gone end of story.

Not so much,.......................................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:(

if it's meant it's meant
even though I have a car show worth the cars, there were many out there I didn't get ahold f, whether it was a timing issue, no cash issue or just passed on it when I shouldn't have …..it happens

When it's meant, the stars line up and it's almost too easy. But sometimes it does take some effort and no goofing around and plain old leg work to get it done.

If it's meant its meant.

if it's meant it's meant
even though I have a car show worth the cars, there were many out there I didn't get ahold f, whether it was a timing issue, no cash issue or just passed on it when I shouldn't have …..it happens

When it's meant, the stars line up and it's almost too easy. But sometimes it does take some effort and no goofing around and plain old leg work to get it done.

If it's meant its meant.
Whenever I went to car shows, especially Carlisle, I always brought loads of cash, just in case I found a certain car. Well, this time I found one of them....I just wish I had a 2 car trailer...

I have been resisting a lot of temptation these days.
The prices of these cars has gone up and they have dried up pretty good. Usually when I see them for sale now, i think "Been there, done that, got the t shirt" ..... or I think "geez, that seller is smoking something strong"

I am to the point where I know my cars very well, I know where all the perfect imperfections are and I am just not into getting to know any more new cars. It's tiring and I just want to get what i have on the road. Some cars I have, I may never paint but they all need to be running soon.

-
Back