Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
You know what's fun to do. Sit on one of the arms and have a buddy lift it up. It gets kinda scary mid way up and you are looking down and balancing yourself. What a rush...... when you're bored.

I might be the reason insurance rates are high
We do that with forklifts at work! When the boss is away.. No wait, I am the boss..

We do that with forklifts at work! When the boss is away.. No wait, I am the boss..
I built a small bullet trap then filled it with sand. We would then put it on the forklift forks and raise it up then shoot pistols in the shop for lunch. All was good till bow season and the idea evolved a bit. Owner drew the line at flinging arrows across the shop but was cool with pistols!

So with the passing of Jessi Combs I thought of another female pioneer in our sport. Her picture is hanging in my shop. All you old racers will remember her.

IMG_3178.JPG

So with the passing of Jessi Combs I thought of another female pioneer in our sport. Her picture is hanging in my shop. All you old racers will remember her.

View attachment 1715386564

She was a frequent participant in the big $ Nitro match races we used to see in SoCal. Always a contender. It was always fun when Steve Evans made her presence known in his radio ads " Shirley CHA CHA Muldowney at Irwindale Raceway! This Saturday! BEEE THEERRRE!" :D

Got the mini floor boards on the Sabre
19750_1350x900_RGB_72DPI.jpg.jpg

I went with the all black models.
Easy peasy.
Contemplated that chin fairing/air scoop for a lonnnng time.
More research necessary.
Or just go with my desert heat cooked brain goofyass ideas :rofl:

I am still on the bubble on which engine to use in the wagon.

I have a 318 available, but this is not a regular 318, it's been bored with higher compression pistons. Hot cam, with lumpy idle.

When this engine was in a duster it ran low 14 high 13s, by me, so I know its mean.

Or

I have a stock low compression 73 340

I ruled out a 360 because the flywheels for external balance cost more than I care to pay now

OK Rain, have you got this figured out yet ?

Here is my take, put the performance 318 in the Valiant Wagon, it will make a whole different car out of it.

For driving it on the street you are going to want to swap in the "Mopar 340 Cam" to use with that .030 over higher compression 318.
Great street manners, performance, and a great idle. You will love how that runs out.

That cam in there now is for racing and you will not be happy with it in the Valiant as a drive it around street car.

Melling makes a duplicate grind 340 Cam called the SPD-22 same grind specs as the Mopar Performance 340 cam, and it is less than 1/2 the price of the MP Cam. Melling makes good engine components, get the Melling lifters to go with that cam too.

20190829_170303.jpg

20190829_170611.jpg

1970 318, .030 over with 340 Cam pictured here, imagine that.
20190829_171844.jpg

20190829_171833.jpg

318 and never look back . . .

OK Rain, have you got this figured out yet ?

Here is my take, put the performance 318 in the Valiant Wagon, it will make a whole different car out of it.

For driving it on the street you are going to want to swap in the "Mopar 340 Cam" to use with that .030 over higher compression 318.
Great street manners, performance, and a great idle. You will love how that runs out.

That cam in there now is for racing and you will not be happy with it in the Valiant as a drive it around street car.

Melling makes a duplicate grind 340 Cam called the SPD-22 same grind specs as the Mopar Performance 340 cam, and it is less than 1/2 the price of the MP Cam. Melling makes good engine components, get the Melling lifters to go with that cam too.

View attachment 1715386593

View attachment 1715386594

1970 318, .030 over with 340 Cam pictured here, imagine that.
View attachment 1715386595

View attachment 1715386597
318 and never look back . . .
Teeners are a lot more engine then they get credit for. IMO

I still cant believe I am going V8, I always said I never would and be loyal to the slanty

I want some POWER!! and I just don't see the six giving as reliable of power and the six would have been very temperamental with the way I was setting it up.

I want to give that 4 speed a workout

I still cant believe I am going V8, I always said I never would and be loyal to the slanty

I want some POWER!! and I just don't see the six giving as reliable of power and the six would have been very temperamental with the way I was setting it up.

Hmmm

Dare I say it, 440!

A slanty with a blower is potent.

You'll love the teen and want more.

I had a motor home 440 in a 72 dart that I daily drove loooong time ago before I joined FABO.

I haven't had a ticket since I switched to a slant six car :steering:

-
Back