Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Looking like a direct hit coming to Melborne / Palm Bay FL, right where I have my Winter retreat shack. Wish me Luck !

The saving grace is the Indian River (inner coastal waterway) and the beach side properties on it's East shore. That diffuses the storm surge as the hurricane comes on to land. Atlantic Ocean is one mile out as the crow flies.

Have survived quite a few near misses there over the last 6 years, this time may be a different story. Have the place all batten down good for 120 mile per hour winds, anything more than that I guess I will have to go down and clean up the mess, bring in a travel trailer and hook up to the utilies and good to go again for a while.

Knew this all too well holding property in Florida. Hope it does not have to go to "Plan B".

View attachment 1715386408

Looking out North East from the roof top of the Property in Palm Bay . . .
Wishing and praying for the best outcome.

If it were to stay together it could restrengthen. It usually starts slowing and falling apart when it hits land.
well, here comes the Hype, they're now saying it will hit FL as a Cat 4.

If it were to stay together it could restrengthen. It usually starts slowing and falling apart when it hits land.
Yep. Just had this discussion with the wife. Her sister is in Spring Hill (above Tampa). Probably just see a lot of rain there.

Wishing and praying for the best outcome.

Making contact with the neighbors down there. Making sure the equipment is up and running and they have a safe place to get away this time.

Some of the folks stayed and weathered out the storms the last times cause they had no place else to go, they got lucky. This time it's time to get out.

Well wife finally made it home after two days of trying. She SSS and blew out the door hustling to work. Maybe I will see her tonight? She works late she is going to miss a nice meal. Thawed out some white fish, chopped a head of broccoli, simmered some wild rice blend, tossed it all in a casserole dish on time bake, then made a fresh salad from our garden. I can bring home the bacon, I can fry it in the pan, and never let her forget she is a Wo man!

Well wife finally made it home after two days of trying. She SSS and blew out the door hustling to work. Maybe I will see her tonight? She works late she is going to miss a nice meal. Thawed out some white fish, chopped a head of broccoli, simmered some wild rice blend, tossed it all in a casserole dish on time bake, then made a fresh salad from our garden. I can bring home the bacon, I can fry it in the pan, and never let her forget she is a Wo man!
sounds like you got a vacation!!!

sounds like you got a vacation!!!
Yep just me and the hound for this last week, tonight the power struggle for alpha female will begin between wife and hound. Dog gets super turfy when wife is gone more than a couple days. It is hilarious to watch, wife hands on hips giving dog stink eye, dog glaring back, neither refusing to relinquish space on chair, bed or couch. At some point I usually have to intercede and tell dog what to do or very gently explain to wife she is arguing with a non English speaking dog. They make me howl!

When you do like I am doing today.......

Wake up, coffee...hang out a little then take a nap. Then wake up and re- coffee. Hang out, probably take another nap later and then re- coffee again.

The start of a perfect day

Do you guys think a 273 carb would be enough to feed a 318 or would it be better to use a bigger carb

When you do like I am doing today.......

Wake up, coffee...hang out a little then take a nap. Then wake up and re- coffee. Hang out, probably take another nap later and then re- coffee again.

The start of a perfect day
I've had similar days, but they typically involved Jack Daniels

Do you guys think a 273 carb would be enough to feed a 318 or would it be better to use a bigger carb

Edlebrock 1406 600 cfm carbs are working good on our Stock, and Performance 318s here. These are the 4 barrels.

If you can find out the CFM on the 273 carb you have now then that will help.

Edlebrock 1406 600 cfm carbs are working good on our Stock, and Performance 318s here. These are the 4 barrels.

If you can find out the CFM on the 273 carb you have now then that will help.
I forgot to mention 273 4 bubble on a 318

I am still on the bubble on which engine to use in the wagon.

I have a 318 available, but this is not a regular 318, it's been bored with higher compression pistons. Hot cam, with lumpy idle.

When this engine was in a duster it ran low 14 high 13s, by me, so I know its mean.

Or

I have a stock low compression 73 340

I ruled out a 360 because the flywheels for external balance cost more than I care to pay now

I have a 318 available, but this is not a regular 318, it's been bored with higher compression pistons. Hot cam, with lumpy idle.

When this engine was in a duster it ran low 14 high 13s, by me, so I know its mean.

Or

I ruled out a 360 because the flywheels for external balance cost more than I care to pay now
isnt the 73 340 an external balance engine too?

Or

I'd put the 318 in it.

-
Back