Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The original MP cam was 0.501"/0.513" lift, 288°/292° duration. The new cam is a Comp 264HR 0.512 in. /0.512 in. lift, 264°/274° duration (210°/220° @ 0.050).

When I got the car, it had a more radical cam in it. It wasn’t what I wanted for cruising around so I swapped it out for what I have now.

Here’s what it used to sound like...

Idle that thing down and it would sound like a top fueler! LOL

Here a short video I made of a cruise around the back roads a few years ago when we lived in the other house...

The original MP cam was 0.501"/0.513" lift, 288°/292° duration. The new cam is a Comp 264HR 0.512 in. /0.512 in. lift, 264°/274° duration (210°/220° @ 0.050).
I don’t know much about picking cams, but the old one sounds like it either wanted to go or was gonna start throwing parts out. Lol
Did you get your electrical gremlins worked out. Weren’t you planning to swap the harness, or something?

I don’t know much about picking cams, but the old one sounds like it either wanted to go or was gonna start throwing parts out. Lol
Did you get your electrical gremlins worked out. Weren’t you planning to swap the harness, or something?
I haven’t done much to get it running except trace the engine bay harness. I think the no fire issue is a bad electronic ignition module. I got a new orange box to replace it and a new coil too just for grins. I had delayed working on getting it running again until after Tim came and got the ‘66...and then when he didn’t, the new work gig sucked up all my time.

I will get it running again over the Winter. For now it’s just sleeping in my garage.

Got some demo done. Ready to lay some boards in. Left th old ones in the corner to help with alignment and see if I need to change spacing. The new boards I put in top deck last year ended up with bigger spaces than I wanted. If so. May need to take up the other side and do them all at once. I am doing the whole thing anyway, but I don’t have enough boards yet.

F1CB2743-6CD0-4C11-97A7-D445BFD617D8.jpeg

That thing sounds sweet. Can you tell me what kind of rims and tires your running.
The rims are Ridler 695's they are 18 x 10 in the rear and 17 x 8 in the front. They have Nitto tires on them.

I haven’t done much to get it running except trace the engine bay harness. I think the no fire issue is a bad electronic ignition module. I got a new orange box to replace it and a new coil too just for grins. I had delayed working on getting it running again until after Tim came and got the ‘66...and then when he didn’t, the new work gig sucked up all my time.

I will get it running again over the Winter. For now it’s just sleeping in my garage.

Check the electronic ignition harness... Eddie bought a new one from Jeggs when we built his Dart and it was defective...

I had a spare one here and we quick jumped it in and it worked... We installed my harness permanently and Eddie replaced it with another one... That set us back two days thinking it couldn't be the new harness...

Just because it's new, doesn't mean it's good now days....

Dang. Mitch must be happy. Tuned in to Baltimore/Miami, 5min left in the first half, 35-3. Looks like the Ravins are packin’ tuna in little cans today.

So I decided to jump in on the fun of recording and posting a video of the Jalopy’s idle. So I figure I’ll do a cold start. So much for my videographer skills. Still sounds pretty good imo.

Click on all the videos and let them play at the same time and it sounds like a car show/cruise in my room.... :D

Check the electronic ignition harness... Eddie bought a new one from Jeggs when we built his Dart and it was defective...

I had a spare one here and we quick jumped it in and it worked... We installed my harness permanently and Eddie replaced it with another one... That set us back two days thinking it couldn't be the new harness...

Just because it's new, doesn't mean it's good now days....
Boy is that a understatement. Got a score on a bunch of blue ECU's three failed the bench check hot out of 12 of them. And these are pre 90 mopar ones also.

s-l1600-jpg.jpg

So I decided to jump in on the fun of recording and posting a video of the Jalopy’s idle. So I figure I’ll do a cold start. So much for my videographer skills. Still sounds pretty good imo.

Dam Mark sounds real close to mine I am running a Voodoo cam in it. I had to do a x pipe or it sounded like gunfire at an idle. Think it smothed out the engine a bit also.

Well. Cleaned up the tire pile. Dis mounted maybe 30 tires.
All loaded in trailer ready for a dump run.
Been a lot of work. Made room for another 30 i have set aside.

Dang. Mitch must be happy. Tuned in to Baltimore/Miami, 5min left in the first half, 35-3. Looks like the Ravins are packin’ tuna in little cans today.
AND... The Skins are beating the Filthadelphia Eagles 20 - 7 at the half.....:thumbsup:

Evening all. Pretty rough few days here but it is what it is.

Polara still giving me fits. Went to change the crank pulleys over from the original engine to the replacement and they don’t interchange. Holes don’t line up at all

Evening all. Pretty rough few days here but it is what it is.

Polara still giving me fits. Went to change the crank pulleys over from the original engine to the replacement and they don’t interchange. Holes don’t line up at all

On small blocks, there are symmetrical and non symmetrical bolt patterns... If you have the opposite, you can rotate the pulley until 5 of the holes line up and then egg/oval out the mis-matched hole so the bolt can go in... Make sure to use a washer on the hole that you enlarge to make fit...

-
Back