Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Wild West Shootout in Phx :lol:
This is the Wild Far East....
IMG_20191028_213019.jpg

Good morning. Gonna walk the Cooper River bridge later, great view. May be a little wet so Fury will stay home. Had a nice drive yesterday though. Pic from Atlanta trip.

73767A0B-EE7C-4684-BEB4-C54561BBEDF6.jpeg

963DBD43-0527-4C56-B418-EB58F009451B.jpeg

Cold here today to. Had the local insulation guy come by yesterday. Going to have them to a drill and fill the walls in the garage. With the mini split out there should keep it warmer this winter.
The guy also has a couple crews building houses and detached garages for the past 20 years. Took him out back and got his views regarding building a garage for me. He's a MOPAR guy. Spent 20 minutes looking at my cars. He had some nice recommendations, probably be my builder.

Last edited:
Cold here today to. Had the local insulation guy come by yesterday. Going to have them to a drill and fill the walls in the garage. With the mini split out there should keep it warmer this winter.
The guy also has a couple crews building houses and detached garages for the past 20 years. Took him out back and got his views regarding building a garage for me. Had some nice recommendations.
A Man has to have a Man Cave.....

I think I'm starting to annoy my coworkers haha with classic rock haha

He does old trannys at home but works at a shop in Des Moines. Holy cow, they were busy!
Didn't Chris say he 'blew an old tranny' recently?
Treasure!
GooooodMorning all.....................Hey Ray, Enjoying a pot of the Coffee you gave me. Had to buy a new coffee maker, only had a Keurig. Now have a Keurig that also has a Caraffe for beans...:thumbsup:

That's Steves stuff. Like it?
Having some HueHue this morning:thumbsup:
Nice shot in the mirror.
You are sick. LOL

Oh and she'd told me to make it as nice as I want.
So she doesn't feel too bad when she puts you out there...:poke:

Good Morning

Good Morning Coffee Land...

A guy met me to buy my hood last night. Claimed there was far too much bodywork needed for the $500 negotiated price (was asking $600) as he was looking for a pristine example. Offered $400. Good luck with that.....what a waste of my time. Sometimes, I get easily reminded why I hate most people. Maybe my pricing is all wrong, but whatever.....anyway, thanks for listening. I am better now - maybe...I think.....well, ....
I try not to drop much ahead of time if I am going to see them face to face for final deal cause they almost always do that. Sometimes you have to give a little up front to hook them to come see it. But I’ll tell them I can probably do a little better, but come see if it suits your needs first and we can talk. Or if they push you to your low number, make it clear that is the best you will do if they go for more ‘Sorry, I told you...’ ( which sounds pretty much like thats what you did)

Morning everyone,12 on the ground and still snowing and 5 deg out. Looks like a good haul Hoppy. Zman you getting any of this snow?

To be honest, I had thought that when the temperature outside dropped to close to freezing it would be good for the fire. But, apparently this cause the wind to be pushed down towards the grown and sort of increase the speed for it. Last night we had luck and it was very little wind, so it did not matter so much. But, if we had gotten the forecasted wind, the cold would have made it worse the wise people say. Colder air does slow down the fire, but to a minor degree, air speed and moisture in the air counts more than the temperature. And, in places it dropped to 9% moisture last night. Which is very low.

The other problem with the cold is that since several million people still have no electric power many homes are getting very cold. Not all homes here have a chimney and wood stove. And the gas ones depends on electric power to work, and so does the hot water heater. So, now they are trying to change the shelters into warming shelters so people does not freeze to death.

They also hope both to get some power back on during the day, and more tomorrow. And hopefully some of the mandatory evacuation zones will be changed to evacuation warning.

The Kincade fire has reached 30% containment, and only increased about 1000 more acres over night. The conditions for the aircrafts would be fair from what I understand.

And someone else did not have to scoop up my ashes from last night. Which I am eternally grateful for.

Luckily we have had power almost all the time, and the reason I think is that this is a fairly modern area of the city where all the power lines are under ground, while many other areas of the city and in rural areas has light poles and they are shut off.

Bill

But is does not have to be cold, like a cave....:thumbsup:

Tim, I heard, good morning by the way, that homeless people in the San Diego area had caused a fire during food making. It was mopped fairly fast but who need that kind of fires. And in Rohnert Park just south of Santa Rosa, I think it was Monday morning or something like that they fired up 6 fireworks and set a grass field on fire. Who does that kind of crap, are they sick in their tiny little heads ?

Bill

-
Back