Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ray got those washers out of the over center spring...what a pain!!
Mine being a heavy duty clutch due to the big block didn't help.
When it's placed there is a protective welded bracket over the top so little to no room.
Had to pound them off going through the bottom of the spring.
Used the metal ruler off a 90 degree ruler. Worked well. Glad its done!!!

Wow a guy from FBBO just wanted to know a price on all the tune up kits. LOL no idea on all of them.

Just did pending on whats left if he is serious. They sell fast found another box of them cleaning up the loft. Amazing what I find up there I forgot about!

Just did pending on whats left if he is serious. They sell fast found another box of them cleaning up the loft. Amazing what I find up there I forgot about!
10% off the price per kit if he buys all.

Good Morning Coffee Land...

A guy met me to buy my hood last night. Claimed there was far too much bodywork needed for the $500 negotiated price (was asking $600) as he was looking for a pristine example. Offered $400. Good luck with that.....what a waste of my time. Sometimes, I get easily reminded why I hate most people. Maybe my pricing is all wrong, but whatever.....anyway, thanks for listening. I am better now - maybe...I think.....well, ....

Good Morning Coffee Land...

A guy met me to buy my hood last night. Claimed there was far too much bodywork needed for the $500 negotiated price (was asking $600) as he was looking for a pristine example. Offered $400. Good luck with that.....what a waste of my time. Sometimes, I get easily reminded why I hate most people. Maybe my pricing is all wrong, but whatever.....anyway, thanks for listening. I am better now - maybe...I think.....well, ....
SOmetimes you just have to sound off. If it feels good, do it. That's what we're here for.

Eric I get that all the time on 100 point distribs. Hey I will sell you a 440-6 dual point for 600 and you offer three? OK go to e bay and pay 800 for a core then, PS don't call me back!

Eric I get that all the time on 100 point distribs. Hey I will sell you a 440-6 dual point for 600 and you offer three? OK go to e bay and pay 800 for a core then, PS don't call me back!

Exactly....Go spend the 400+ on a really nice flat hood, then 350 on an aftermarket scoop, cut the holes and mounting bolt holes, etc.....will have 2 times what I was asking for a factory hood. And the guy claimed to be a body man to boot....

People are like a box of candy you never know what will show up. I have definitely had the spread of them doing these things. Great to total *** holes. Think the best bad one was a slant motor I sold as a core, get a sob story, ok what the hell basically gave it to the guy expecting payment. Well never got it then get a e mail it is cracked and if I want it back go to NJ at a machine shop, pick it up and pay the disassembly fee. Then the great ones. Did a curve for a rare one, turned out he lived local, 100 point guy. Was just a bit off, re did it helped put it in, go for a test ride with him was like nitrous and he thought his clutch was slipping, no dude its your rear tires smoking. Next day have three cases of beer at the shop and a note thanks.

People are like a box of candy you never know what will show up. I have definitely had the spread of them doing these things. Great to total *** holes. Think the best bad one was a slant motor I sold as a core, get a sob story, ok what the hell basically gave it to the guy expecting payment. Well never got it then get a e mail it is cracked and if I want it back go to NJ at a machine shop, pick it up and pay the disassembly fee. Then the great ones. Did a curve for a rare one, turned out he lived local, 100 point guy. Was just a bit off, re did it helped put it in, go for a test ride with him was like nitrous and he thought his clutch was slipping, no dude its your rear tires smoking. Next day have three cases of beer at the shop and a note thanks.
That's a cool story. I rebuilt my 273 years ago and the advance curve made more difference in performance. That should be done first.

-
Back