Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
But trying to bend it back on the car risks screwing up the horn mechanism behind it that wasn’t designed to handle that kind of torque with a single mount location in the center. Better to straighten it on a bench with controlled load forces across the ring before install.
It handled the torque when it got bent in the first place......

I turned my lights off throughout the house.

If them kids want to see real Halloween, ring the bell on a grumpy, half asleep lady who worked a 12 hour day and doesn't want to get off the couch.

Even still, there is no one around on my street and it's freezing outside

Those in the midwest to west probably noticed the BNSF H4 color scheme.

When I see this, i get stuck if I want to model a 60s era east coast or a modern west coast

IMG_2924_1e.jpg

No one in here is probably old enough to remember the prime years of the mighty pennsy.

Oddly enough the GG1 lasted around 50 years and got replaced by the AEM 7.

Does anyone remember these

The_Congressional_Pennsylvania_Railroad.jpeg

It is cast and chromed. I am not going to say what material it is. On my first 1965 Dodge Dart, the entire ring was broken off, just the spokes where there. And when looking at the broken ends it was grey and definitely cast.

Take a peek now. My second 1965 Dodge Dart.

Bill

1965-Dodge-Dart-Ratt-Horn-Ring-e.jpg

1965-Dodge-Dart-Ratt-Horn-Ring-f.jpg

Does not stick. Funny tho, the handle that opens the door is metal, sticks, BUT the handle that rolls up the window does not stick!.
My ‘69 horn ring sticks a magnet to it. Makes me wonder if it changed over time.

Police, Fire and Ambulance sirens going off like mad here. I can hear 3 different Fire departments plus local and State Police from here and they are all activated.

Makes me nervous that some kids out on Halloween got hurt somewhere.

I sincerely hope not. :(

Police, Fire and Ambulance sirens going off like mad here. I can hear 3 different Fire departments plus local and State Police from here and they are all activated.

Makes me nervous that some kids out on Halloween got hurt somewhere.

I sincerely hope not. :(
Yeh, that doesn't sound good...

Don't think they did much trick or treat around here tonight. Most switched nights. Ugly weather rollin through. Looks like should hit you around 11.

Yeh, that doesn't sound good...

Don't think they did much trick or treat around here tonight. Most switched nights. Ugly weather rollin through. Looks like should hit you around 11.
Yep, we are already under warnings and the wind is starting to get wicked. Looks to be about an hour away or so. Temps are going to drop 25* in a short time with thunderstorms and winds associated.

Today’s high was mid 70s, tomorrow’s high will be around 50 at best.

Winter is trying to move in.

-
Back