Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Lubbock Come and visit yall!
1A4EFFFF-EA39-46E7-8016-207E8D559DE5_jpeg.jpg

Ben I got an old GF from 40 years ago that ended up in Lubbock. He husband taught at Texas Tech. I have no idea what their last name is. I use to see her Dad and talk, but think he's passed.

Ben I got an old GF from 40 years ago that ended up in Lubbock. He husband taught at Texas Tech. I have no idea what their last name is. I use to see her Dad and talk, but think he's passed.
Having Texas Tech here does add to the eye candy around town.. But they look so young now!

I dunno, uncle Tony just did a video and in the video he explains the benefits of using a 7.25 rear end. Makes perfect sense and I do think the 7.25 is underrated and there is a good reason Chrysler used it in 10 gazillion cars.

I priced gears for a 7.25 and only one I found was a 3.55 gear set from Yukon axles for $349.

I really don't see the economics in a 7.25 when a ford 8.8 is readily available and the gears are cheaper than that and in a much wider selection and limited slip units are here, there and everywhere...... chances are, there are a few parked in your neighborhood right now.

I an trying to give the 7.25 a chance because I have a bunch of them but I'm not seeing where they are so cheap and easy to work with. I would need far better gear selection at a good price and available sure grips that won't cost a grand.

I'm sure that I will have to change out the 7.25 in my swinger early on.

I call the 7 1/4" axle the "weak suck" rear end...

I blew 3 of them in 4 years in my daily driver 68 Barracuda with a mild 318 and not beat on... The last straw is when I was on the highway and the driver's axle came out with the tire still attached and passed me on the shoulder of the road while I was doing 55 MPH... If it wasn't for the super stock rear springs and the Mancini Racing longer u-bolts, I would have had some quarter panel damage...

After that I swapped in an 8 3/4" 3.23 sure grip and it never broke on me for the rest of the life of that car... I drove that car to 500,000 miles...

The 318 was just 9.2 compression, 360 heads, stock 340 4 bbl cam, 68 340 cast iron 4 bbl manifold, Holley 600 vac secondaries, and dual exhaust... Nothing radical, just an economy v-8 that got 17.75 MPG with a 2.76 gear...

So after that I don't run a 7 1/4 on anything but a slant 6...

Sorry to hear, I can certainly relate. Back pain has to be one of the most painful things anyone can experience, well maybe except childbirth.

I have had back problems to where I couldn't even stand up straight, I wouldn't wish on an enemy. Except maybe bin laden, I would wish it on him.

Yes, back pain sucks...

I can't speak for child birth... When my wife had the kids, I didn't feel a thing....

Makes us old guys feel like a perv. I am old enough to be their grandpa! LOL

As long as they're 18 or older, it's ok to oogle... :popcorn:

Giggity, giggity.... :p

You're only as young as the woman you feel.... :lol:

It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy... :D

Last edited:
Oh boy, Olivia is looking good on the news this morning. Dang, my Grandpa age just showed up again! LOL

I got on Nicks Garage last night on You Tube. It was a live show and he answered my question about a 273. He will be building one in a bit and hopefully doing a video about it. He does mostly Mopars. nick's garage - YouTube

Hi Ho, Hi HO, off to Canada we go. I got me a date with TJ for some coffee and lies. Better be bourbon in the coffee! See you boys and one lady in a few days. And yes I am going to troll the custom agents rocking my Blackhawk jersey! Wife is wearing her Jets sweater so I think, what we have here is a failure to communicate.

Hi Ho, Hi HO, off to Canada we go. I got me a date with TJ for some coffee and lies. Better be bourbon in the coffee! See you boys and one lady in a few days. And yes I am going to troll the custom agents rocking my Blackhawk jersey! Wife is wearing her Jets sweater so I think, what we have here is a failure to communicate.
Have fun. Drive carefully.

We're sposed to be having dense frog, all I see is sunshine :realcrazy:. Good chance Winternationals gets wet tonight and tomorrow. Maybe they have discount tickets on Monday :lol:.

-
Back