Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Forgot one from the top but got the roof done at last.

20200614_123323.jpg

I dont have that tool that changes them without losing the charge. But I knew the high side valve on this Honda was leaking, before it took it all apart. So I changed both schraders while it was empty. Even so....R134a is a lot cheaper than R12 ...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Its pretty slick and SO simple.... basically a ball valve with a long stem grabber behind it. Screw the whole thing on. Turn the stem out. Close valve. Take the tool section off and swap in the new piece. Back on, Open valve, screw in the stem.

Got the R12 all in and he saw the schraders were leaking. :wtf: :BangHead: Then he's like "if you get the valves I have the tool to change them" Huh, you can do that? Without taking the charge out? ...He goes and gets the tool and guess what? There's extra cores in the bag with it. Oh, didn't know I had them"... Swapped them out and the Duster AC is all charged and chillin'. :thumbsup:
Good to hear you have it cooling.

Damn Schrader valves. They don't leak when the gauges are on. Charge it up, take off the gauges and the last thing to leak check are the valves. (banghead) If there is a partial charge I check them first. I think I saved a electronic leak detector but I would have to look for it. Dye doesn't work for Service valves unless you clean them out with brake clean first. Soapy water works. Watch for bubbles.

Its pretty slick and SO simple.... basically a ball valve with a long stem grabber behind it. Screw the whole thing on. Turn the stem out. Close valve. Take the tool section off and swap in the new piece. Back on, Open valve, screw in the stem.
Yup, I sold a bunch of them in the Parts Business, Just never brought one Home ....LOL

Disaster has struck! The aluminum beer can shortage has now taken out all availability of my favorite beer, Coors Extra Gold Lager. SOB!

The CEG can is unique in shape being narrower and taller than a regular beer can and with increased demand for all regular size aluminum cans, this one is last on the capacity list to be made and it is completely out of stock right now. Haven't been able to get any since the beginning of June and nobody know when it might come back. I only have a couple of cases left in my stockpile...

:BangHead:

After soffit got done we tackled the header clearance issue eith the motor mount. Lots of trimming to get it right.
05616686-986C-4E1A-A49A-673ACAFA7AD9.jpeg

Disaster has struck! The aluminum beer can shortage has now taken out all availability of my favorite beer, Coors Extra Gold Lager. SOB!

The CEG can is unique in shape being narrower and taller than a regular beer can and with increased demand for all regular size aluminum cans, this one is last on the capacity list to be made and it is completely out of stock right now. Haven't been able to get any since the beginning of June and nobody know when it might come back. I only have a couple of cases left in my stockpile...

:BangHead:
Tito's still not affected. Came home from today our Sunday two hour tennis drill class (850 calories) and only had a drinks worth.
Cheryl volunteered the 1/2 mile journey to the liquor store for a fresh bottle.
Those of you that have met her know how lucky she is to have me...haha!!
No, its other way around!! I'm the lucky one, she's someone special!!

Well motor torqued over, caught and bent fan blade destroying the radiator in my truck. Oil pressure hot at 800 rpms dropped to 8-10psi and valve train started knocking.

I think I am going to install the hot rod engine as this engine has been a 1 1/2 year pain in the butt, back, fingers, etc.

I just weighed myself, I'm down 17 lbs in the last two weeks.... :thumbsup:

Laying in bed in middle of the night trying to ignore my hunger pain is working...

-
Back