Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I do. I started in may using the money from my eating out for lunch budget. I’m up 37 percent on the year.
We could start a behind the scenes PM to chat about it. Sounds like a good project for after the holidays. In about Feb. I will have met my savings goal. After that I can dabble a little and not effect my retirement nest egg. (if you catch my drift) I didn't get as much as I thought when I cashed in on my tool business.

You guys play the market? We have a couple Roth IRA's that have done well but no stocks. Had a friend that thought he could beat the system by betting on pork bellies. Lost his ***.
So what I did was a TON OF RESEARCH including talking it over with advisors from both fidelity and etrade. And Edwards Jones. My plan involves investing a minimum of 200 a paycheck starting in Jan into dividend paying stocks monthly, reinvesting those every month. By choosing companies with a good dividend payment history and dividend price/share cost ratio, I can in 3 years time, my wife could quit her job and our monthly income wouldn’t change. If she doesn’t and I keep my strategy, I can retire at 45, 12 years from now, making monthly off the dividends, what I’m currently earning.

this assumes an average cost increase per stock I buy of 15% a year. High end of course, less shaves off time.

my goal is to be able to retire by age 50. But not touch my 401k until I’m 65.

So what I did was a TON OF RESEARCH including talking it over with advisors from both fidelity and etrade. And Edwards Jones. My plan involves investing a minimum of 200 a paycheck starting in Jan into dividend paying stocks monthly, reinvesting those every month. By choosing companies with a good dividend payment history and dividend price/share cost ratio, I can in 3 years time, my wife could quit her job and our monthly income wouldn’t change. If she doesn’t and I keep my strategy, I can retire at 45, 12 years from now, making monthly off the dividends, what I’m currently earning.

this assumes an average cost increase per stock I buy of 15% a year. High end of course, less shaves off time.

my goal is to be able to retire by age 50. But not touch my 401k until I’m 65.

Then again there are those recessions that spring up on occasion. :BangHead: Being invested in GM's CEO bonus program was of no help :lol:

We could start a behind the scenes PM to chat about it. Sounds like a good project for after the holidays. In about Feb. I will have met my savings goal. After that I can dabble a little and not effect my retirement nest egg. (if you catch my drift) I didn't get as much as I thought when I cashed in on my tool business.
I’m far from an expert and really am a rookie at it. But I can steer ya towards some good resources.

I do. I started in may using the money from my eating out for lunch budget. I’m up 37 percent on the year.

but I’m playing more for the dividends, which isn’t figured into that gain as I reinvest those instantly
Got box today. thanks....:thumbsup:

Then again there are those recessions that spring up on occasion. :BangHead: Being invested in GM's CEO bonus program was of no help :lol:
I have that factored in actually. I figure on a recession every 8-10 years. My strategy actually doesn’t really care if the stock makes a huge gain or even if it pulls back 10-20 percent or more during a recession. I monitor the stocks daily and read news and their respective balance sheets daily as well. That’s probably the single most important thing I got out of my MBA work. How to read and understand those balance sheets.

I have a rule as well, no companies without at least 10 years of solid dividend payment history, as in they’ve not missed a payment in 10 years. I also won’t invest in a company with a high dividend payout ratio or high debt to income ratio .

Ahhhh Mannnnn!

00e0e_3cixsJBVqC7_0ak07K_600x450.jpg

It coulda been Messerschmitt Monday :rofl:

That Tears it!!
Just chucked a bearing in my 350, plowing snow:mad:

-
Back