Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hello All! Back from weekly water run, 2 5 gallons plus a tank of propane for the grill. Just about busted my turntable motor with those new split ring pliers, going to send the turntable to the "Dual Doctor", he's a pro out of Ontario, really good reputation on this equipment. He'll do a whole service to include the tone arm dampening fluid so I can let go of the lever without it dropping, clean/lube the motor. I've got an email in to him for quote, have done two clean and lubes on this turntable, time for a more in depth servicing.
Do you someone with that level of expertise who works on cassette decks? I have a TEAC 550 and a Sansui 3 head D-705 that need someone who knows more than cleaning and spraying with Deoxit.

Think i found something. Push rods. 16 of them. From a chebby. No problem sacrificing them. Connecting rods are too bulky, and have rough edges. Or maybe this...
CA68AE35-FC89-47E8-A8D6-FB143922840A.jpeg

Do you someone with that level of expertise who works on cassette decks? I have a TEAC 550 and a Sansui 3 head D-705 that need someone who knows more than cleaning and spraying with Deoxit.
Problem with both are, the rubber parts deteriorate. Might not be able to locate replacements....

I replaced the square drive belt in a cassette deck with an o-ring. Worked perfect.
This things need just a few tweaks. Speed adjustment, check head alignment, and the Sansui is having some control issues where the bottons don't do what they are supposed to. That may need parts. And thats why it cant be the guy with some belts and a can of deoxit. Been to a couple or three of those.
If I got a scope I could do the speed and alignment using a master but really dont want to. I want to pay someone who already has the stuff and knows what he (she?) is doing. Also knows what parts can be had and from where.

Teac A-550rx?

No unfortunately I don't. Getting onto a stereo forum can be helpful if it's a good one, good luck! I used to have a Teac cassette, had DBX noise suppression, worked pretty good. Had some TDK MA-90R metal tapes, made some good recordings with that set up.

Wow I got a response back from Dr. Dual, bad news is he's 5 months backlogged. I'm still sending it, will have to get busy on another Dual TT I picked up, want to hear some vinyl lol!

So here ya guys go. Me and my old Sharps model 1874, electronic target is group at 100 yards. I just installed what is called a Soule long range tang sight. I am preparing for Creedmoor matches this summer. Paper target is at fifty yards dialing in the new sight!

A3F7B66E-1871-4BB8-80EF-82F8CF36D8E0.jpeg

C15AC60F-74EC-4270-9435-F5D804A048FB.jpeg

B9805F33-5693-45A4-97C4-51B8FBFA4120.jpeg

641E9512-031F-4EBE-AF05-CAC95CCBEA2E.jpeg

I love it when you can see light at the end of a project

View attachment 1715720914
With lacquer, in the heat, outdoors, you have to spray a section at a time and blend it together. Dries to fast to prevent over spray "dust" . I have found out....BUT. 2000 grit wet, and Mequires buffing liquid, blends together nice...

Last edited:
A bit, I compete with a 1900 Remington!
Well I just was given my great great grandfather’s old Humpback Semi auto. It’s in pieces and appears to be missing a few things. It’s an old Model 11. Wondering if it’s even possible to find parts for it. Googling as we speak

-
Back