Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So before I head off to help work on settling the estate affairs, start I’d show this. I shared this once before but this is my grandparents bringing my mom home from the Hospital in late 1967. Notice the 383 Charger in the background, for whatever reason, every car my grandfather owned in that era was a 383/4spd and as he kept every single receipt over the years, it’s true. He didn’t buy an automatic car until 1984

View attachment 1715721263
I know a guy with a 383 4spd for sale...jes sayin. LOL

Hey guys. Seems all the bites on the satellite have dropped out. Too much work for them probably....:(
It is a great project, but definitely not for everybody. Some people think they can restore a car because they did a nice job with some paste wax once. LOL Easy to get in over your head. I still think you should dump some other stuff and build that one. Wish I was in a position to take it over. I actually enjoyed building mine more than now that it's done. Don't know if I will ever do another one though.

It is a great project, but definitely not for everybody. Some people think they can restore a car because they did a nice job with some paste wax once. LOL Easy to get in over your head. I still think you should dump some other stuff and build that one. Wish I was in a position to take it over. I actually enjoyed building mine more than now that it's done. Don't know if I will ever do another one though.
Going to throw in the New rotisserie with it...Couple grand there....1800. I think I paid for it...Have 4 grand in Legendary parts, and another 2 in sheet metal.....Good deal for the right guy...

Good morning everyone. Not sure what the day brings. Tomorrow we are leaving at the *** crack of dawn for Rockford, IL. Swap meet downtown at the old Chrysler dealer building. Member here is hosting. Great people.

No, never been to the swap meet, but have gone done there and bought parts from Jim before. He is affiliated with Mr. Norms Garage. They have a real deal 68 Hemi SS Dart, Norms old van that he pulled the funny car with and the funny car body, couple M code Darts and such. Will be fun
It is about 2hr each way for me.

Rockford is about 1 hour 45 minutes from me....

It looks fair been sitting for at least ten years. Have to check it for the usual Rot. I have been after this one since I moved in. No idea what to offer for it. It is the real RT 5.7 model.

My son is looking for a truck...

leaning toward one in the 70's to 80's era....

02 dakotas had 4.7 or 5.9 for v8 engines. 5.9 could be coolant pipe leak.part is cheap. And very common.

005_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=cmsuv2e-IgEAX84RiIl&_nc_ht=scontent.fsan1-1.jpg

Took everything out of trunk of Satellite, looking at it, with the Parts I have, it won't be that hard to replace the rear quarters....Ray and I drove to New York and got the quarters, they came from AZ. Real nice cut out sections. Lots of good sheet metal to work with...Getting excited to start working on it.....

Have to give it a going over, was parked for a water pump and the daughter just bought something else.
I would look real hard. If the pump quit and it over heated, then there may be a bit more of an issue then a pump.
Plus sitting in that cold weather for just two winters. Ask Tim how much damage can occur.

So we are working on buddy’s chevy, front brakes. I take it apart, buddy cleans parts i turned the drums,and his cousin is working on the wood lathe. lots getting done.

Going to paint LAST color coat on Dart!! Woo hoo!!! Then clear!! Roof is done, hood is done, Trunk is waiting on clear....The Dart looks great. I have out done myself....IMO....

Got the yard of dirt thrown onto the other three, grounds pretty soggy out there, may wait til Monday to plant as we're on a warming trend.

Going to paint LAST color coat on Dart!! Woo hoo!!! Then clear!! Roof is done, hood is done, Trunk is waiting on clear....The Dart looks great. I have out done myself....IMO....

Hopefully continuing the pics, have enjoyed looking at your progress. Good Luck!

-
Back