Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good evening, everyone. I'm not sure what time zones you're all in, but it's evening here. I just left my second chiropractic appointment out of twelve (3/week for a month). I procrastinated for a couple years (yes, years) but finally decided to give it a try when I realized my constant back pain was beginning to take a toll on every day life. At 25 years old, I could not imagine how I'd feel at 50. After my first visit, I could tell my spine was not as contorted, but still had residual muscle pain. Second time I was in and out in ten minutes. Little difference this time.

I've been skeptical that this type of treatment actually works, but I have noticed slight results. After all, I've only been twice now. Anyone else have an opinion about chiropractors?

Good evening, everyone. I'm not sure what time zones you're all in, but it's evening here. I just left my second chiropractic appointment out of twelve (3/week for a month). I procrastinated for a couple years (yes, years) but finally decided to give it a try when I realized my constant back pain was beginning to take a toll on every day life. At 25 years old, I could not imagine how I'd feel at 50. After my first visit, I could tell my spine was not as contorted, but still had residual muscle pain. Second time I was in and out in ten minutes. Little difference this time.

I've been skeptical that this type of treatment actually works, but I have noticed slight results. After all, I've only been twice now. Anyone else have an opinion about chiropractors?

Never use one that can't read an xray..
Those guys can cause more damage then good.

Some are great, some are really bad.
I go to physio as needed.

So an interesting day.
Mad a licence plate bracket, turned out ok.
Decided to check timing, it was off some. Figured i would connect vacuum advance back up. Fail. It leaks. And it aggrivated the wire to the points, grounded. Truck died. Got towed home. Fixed it.
Then went for a dump run. The old girl hit 50, with some left over. But it got hot, boiled over when i got home. Ya,that sucked. Or blew-coolant.

I have had very good luck with chiropractic. I went through the medical, orthopedic, neurological route and all 3 had a different answer and treatment. In fact, My chiro called me today wondering if I was ok. I hadn't been in for a couple months. LOL (I am much better now that I retired and I don't bounce around in the tool truck) I have a chiro. story to tell and I will try to make it short. I was having left side chest pains (years ago). My medical doctor sent me to a cardiologist. They started with a stress/treadmill test with EKG which I passed with flying colors. I was having chest pains on the treadmill but no issues on the ekg. They sent me home. I mentioned it to my chiro the next day and she poked around and found a rib out of place. A simple adjustment and I left the office pain free. She has cured my elbow pain the neurologist wanted to do surgery on and sciatica that the orthopedic dr wanted to fit me with a shoe appliance for. (one leg longer than the other) If I have issues, I go to my chiropractor first. Sorry I am so long winded.

So an interesting day.
Mad a licence plate bracket, turned out ok.
Decided to check timing, it was off some. Figured i would connect vacuum advance back up. Fail. It leaks. And it aggrivated the wire to the points, grounded. Truck died. Got towed home. Fixed it.
Then went for a dump run. The old girl hit 50, with some left over. But it got hot, boiled over when i got home. Ya,that sucked. Or blew-coolant.
Never ends does it.
The things we do for fun.

I have had very good luck with chiropractic. I went through the medical, orthopedic, neurological route and all 3 had a different answer and treatment. In fact, My chiro called me today wondering if I was ok. I hadn't been in for a couple months. LOL (I am much better now that I retired and I don't bounce around in the tool truck) I have a chiro. story to tell and I will try to make it short. I was having left side chest pains (years ago). My medical doctor sent me to a cardiologist. They started with a stress/treadmill test with EKG which I passed with flying colors. I was having chest pains on the treadmill but no issues on the ekg. They sent me home. I mentioned it to my chiro the next day and she poked around and found a rib out of place. A simple adjustment and I left the office pain free. She has cured my elbow pain the neurologist wanted to do surgery on and sciatica that the orthopedic dr wanted to fit me with a shoe appliance for. (one leg longer than the other) If I have issues, I go to my chiropractor first. Sorry I am so long winded.

Long winded = details. Fine by me. I went in for low back pain, which for some time caused me no real issues other than discomfort. I could still do everything I had always been doing. Now, I've got a year and a half old daughter and I couldn't even bounce her back to sleep the other night, for the pain was too much. That pretty much put my problem into perspective and I realized I had to do something. He uses that impulse IQ gun, and it doesn't feel like it even applies enough force to do anything, but I'll be damned if I dont walk straight put of there with little to no pain, as well as some increased energy and a positive mood. Could be placebo, optimism, I don't know.

Long winded = details. Fine by me. I went in for low back pain, which for some time caused me no real issues other than discomfort. I could still do everything I had always been doing. Now, I've got a year and a half old daughter and I couldn't even bounce her back to sleep the other night, for the pain was too much. That pretty much put my problem into perspective and I realized I had to do something. He uses that impulse IQ gun, and it doesn't feel like it even applies enough force to do anything, but I'll be damned if I dont walk straight put of there with little to no pain, as well as some increased energy and a positive mood. Could be placebo, optimism, I don't know.
I have walked in the office all hunched over in pain, dragging my leg and left standing straight with a smile on my face. It is amazing sometimes.

I have walked in the office all hunched over in pain, dragging my leg and left standing straight with a smile on my face. It is amazing sometimes.
Same here. After 3rd treatment though. But the first day i cranked it i was crawling. Had to lay flat on the floor. That sucked.

-
Back