Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's amazing all the fun stuff I did in the last 64 years and never been to a chiropractor.
I usually wake up with an ache or pain, but work it out pretty quick.
Maybe its just become a way of life and I'm use to it??
I use to think I drank to dull the pain, but since I really don't anymore that theory is out.
Oh well life goes and I'm not slowing down. I'm here to enjoy it!!

So an interesting day.
Mad a licence plate bracket, turned out ok.
Decided to check timing, it was off some. Figured i would connect vacuum advance back up. Fail. It leaks. And it aggrivated the wire to the points, grounded. Truck died. Got towed home. Fixed it.
Then went for a dump run. The old girl hit 50, with some left over. But it got hot, boiled over when i got home. Ya,that sucked. Or blew-coolant.

did you replace the water distribution tube when yo were working on engine? That and a new thermostat fixed my truck when it was running hot.

did you replace the water distribution tube when yo were working on engine? That and a new thermostat fixed my truck when it was running hot.
Did not know about the tube until after i did the water pump and installed rad. Cdn models use a brass tube,and typically they dont fail. But its on my list to check. I figured the slant 6 rad would be enough. I think its blocked,more crud probably floated up out of block and into rad. Have to pull it to check.

Did not know about the tube until after i did the water pump and installed rad. Cdn models use a brass tube,and typically they dont fail. But its on my list to check. I figured the slant 6 rad would be enough. I think its blocked,more crud probably floated up out of block and into rad. Have to pull it to check.
When I rebuilt the engine in my truck, I knocked out the freeze plugs and the crap in the block was over half way up the plug. I had the block vatted, and I still had to stand the block “upside down” and flush it more with the pressure washer. Amazing how much crap was in there.

When I rebuilt the engine in my truck, I knocked out the freeze plugs and the crap in the block was over half way up the plug. I had the block vatted, and I still had to stand the block “upside down” and flush it more with the pressure washer. Amazing how much crap was in there.
Me too. No wonder why the frost plugs were rotted at the bottom. Foundry sand. It didn't get shaken out.

Muck was above frost plugs. I had to knock out a leaker,and went in with compressed air, and water. Managed to rinse a lot out. Make a huge mess under truck.

I'm still here. Working on the swimming pool. Think I got it where I want it. :thumbsup:
Maybe time for a Nap ???

And a Buffett.

upload_2020-8-3_20-41-24.jpeg

Enjoy

So just got back to ND and the amount of pages you guys can tossup over a weekend is staggering. I traveled to Little Rock Ark and was one of the instructors teaching some advanced defensive pistol classes. Think shooting while on your back, from inside a vehicle, from behind cover, moving from cover to cover etc. great time but high light for me was next day teaching some little people. Much like our hobby on old cars to teach the next generation is both an honor and our responsibility. Just a great weekend of gun bunny stuff.

View attachment 1715726340
And this is why kids enjoy to learn properly how to shoot!!

3310_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=a-xXFOkDWiIAX8EOv4w&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

-
Back