Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ya, so go to fix this and end up going in farther than i planned. Column was loose.
5A8AD4DC-467E-4FCF-8F0D-D67873A15565.jpeg
BEF05FDC-21D3-44A9-8A67-383C856F2B68.jpeg

Always something with those damn chevy's:poke:
I was planning on installing a tilt from a Camero in my 66. Mocked it up and all. Last minute, decided not to.....:thumbsup: Biggest PITA was, is, the emergency flasher on the column. Getting signal lights to work with the early Mopar wiring was challenging. Figured it out, but.......did not go ahead with the Mod.

In all reality, chevy's are alright just because they are cheap to build and everywhere. especially in cali. My friend is 17, and he is building a twin turbo c-10 on full road race suspension and at the same time, i'm trying to scrape together money to get my duster on the road. (we earn around the same)

Granted his dad owns a powdercoat shop and he has ALL the connections he needs but still....:bs_flag:

Pretty cool but pretty stupid none the less. A lot of guys build them and then wrap them around a tree when the turbos spool. Those builds are near impossible to control with a gas pedal.
Yeah, it looks impressive but they are only chinese turbos and it will only make around 550hp. Also, They are only 40ishmm turbos so they spool IMMEDIATLEY so the power is going to be fairly linear. I give him props for doing it with a 350 and not an LS like everyone else.

In all reality, chevy's are alright just because they are cheap to build and everywhere. especially in cali. My friend is 17, and he is building a twin turbo c-10 on full road race suspension and at the same time, i'm trying to scrape together money to get my duster on the road. (we earn around the same)

Granted his dad owns a powdercoat shop and he has ALL the connections he needs but still....:bs_flag:
Chevys are like 1 ply Toilet Paper. They’re cheap and available nearly everywhere. But they generally fall apart easily, leave you chapped and wishing you’d spent the coin on something better. But they’re better than leaving **** on your *** or walking

Chevys are like 1 ply Toilet Paper. They’re cheap and available nearly everywhere. But they generally fall apart easily, leave you chapped and wishing you’d spent the coin on something better. But they’re better than leaving **** on your *** or walking
Cheap except for
chevelles
camaros
c-10s
malibus
bel airs
impalas
corvettes
novas
nomads
etc.

At least there is TONS of roads that are empty and in the middle of nowhere. literally ten minutes from my house, there is a road by an airstrip where you can do burnouts and drag race all day and the cops don't care because you can kill nobody but yourself.

At least there is TONS of roads that are empty and in the middle of nowhere. literally ten minutes from my house, there is a road by an airstrip where you can do burnouts and drag race all day and the cops don't care because you can kill nobody but yourself.

I didn't do it. I'm not givin' the money back. I promise to never do it again. :rolleyes:

So other side molding, same nut. WORSE problem. Might have been easier to remove the fender,v I might still have to remove the fender!!!!!!!!!!!

So, interesting turn of events. Just to het horn to work i tore column down 2x. First time i was at the point where wheel goes on and i discover steering shaft is 180 degrees out. Give or take. Tear it down again and flip shaft at the tilt ball. Not an easy task. So im thinking the “person” that had column apart didnt have a clue. Its finally done,but 5 hours work.

-
Back