Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So a stability and durability purpose I assume?
And thanks, I tried to weed through all that on my thread but good heavens it was a dick measuring contest only it seemed they were all using the mm side of the ruler
No sideways push on the valve stem. I shimmed my rocker shafts and they still need more work. But I don't have rollers. I didn't measure but I swear the valves I put in were longer stems.

100_5227.JPG

Yep. Sure is…
We have close to 200' of crane boom sticking up from the 500ton crane that burned up last month. They want us to get underway with it up to try and get to port. Can only move in a maximum sea state of 3 foot/1meter seas, only during daylight, possibly through an area that normally has twice that in wave height not including the ground swell in that area. We also have to stick to water that is shallow enough to jack up in. So anywhere between 1 to 5 miles off the beach. Will see how it plays out.

We have close to 200' of crane boom sticking up from the 500ton crane that burned up last month. The want us to get underway with it up to try and get to port. Can only move in a maximum sea state of 3 foot/1meter seas, only during daylight, possibly through an area that normally has twice that in wave height not including the ground swell in that area. We also have to stick to water that is shallow enough to jack up in. So anywhere between 1 to 5 miles off the beach. Will see how it plays out.
Good luck!

We have close to 200' of crane boom sticking up from the 500ton crane that burned up last month. They want us to get underway with it up to try and get to port. Can only move in a maximum sea state of 3 foot/1meter seas, only during daylight, possibly through an area that normally has twice that in wave height not including the ground swell in that area. We also have to stick to water that is shallow enough to jack up in. So anywhere between 1 to 5 miles off the beach. Will see how it plays out.

Crane booms in awkward positions are really good at altering the balance of it's motivational vehicle, wheels, tracks, hull, no matter.

:eek:

Holy crap. Stay safe. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

Crane booms in awkward positions are really good at altering the balance of it's motivational vehicle, wheels, tracks, hull, no matter.
I have a 12 foot I beam i used to mount in my power wagon, maybe 150 lbs. sure knew it was back there when i drove it around. It doesent take much to throw c of g off.

How accurate have you found desk top dyno to be

My friend in Detroit's son used to use software from Performance Trends and it was more accurate...

He designed a cam, had it custom ground, and ran it at the track... With the different software that he used, it ran within a tenth of a second of what the software predicted...

Well one of our grandsons has just mastered peeing standing up. I don’t think he is quite three yet. While in and of itself not a remarkable achievement by any means, unless of course you count his now sudden grim focus and determination to pee on the cat in the house or out!

Beavis pee in pool.jpg

I have a 12 foot I beam i used to mount in my power wagon, maybe 150 lbs. sure knew it was back there when i drove it around. It doesent take much to throw c of g off.

We were stripping the false work and forms from a freeway overpass just out of cure. We being me the 45T hydrocrane and the operator. All I had to do was sit in the cab and drive the power unit while the operator did his thing in the crane cab. We were physically under the overpass on a surface street. Communication? Signals with a car horn, so many beeps means do such and such. He gave me the signal to drive forward, and I do. He's got a 40' long 16" H-beam on the load line. Signals me to turn right beep beep beep, so I do. The rig just continues in a straight line :wtf:. I look out my side window towards the ground :eek: my steer tires are 4' off the ground. I slowly bring the rig to a halt. The honking begins. I just reached my arm out the window and pointed at the ground :lol: Operator is leaned out the crane door with a disgusted look on his face. Boom fully extended and almost horizontal, load way too far from the center pin :eek:. Got to move the load closer to the rig there Mr Operator :rolleyes:

Our VCG is way off at the moment due to our deck load out before even adding the crane boom up in the air. Once we jack down we will also have 335' x 3 up in the air from the legs

Our VCG is way off at the moment due to our deck load out before even adding the crane boom up in the air. Once we jack down we will also have 335' x 3 up in the air from the legs
Think i would be wearing my water wings until i stepped off the boat. Be safe Stephen!

No sideways push on the valve stem. I shimmed my rocker shafts and they still need more work. But I don't have rollers. I didn't measure but I swear the valves I put in were longer stems.

View attachment 1715750538

Yup. Look how close the spring is to the rocker. That's a tell tale sign the shaft needs to be relocated. I had Mike make me up a set for my closed chamber slant 6 head. Since I had 318 valves put in and they are .300" longer than the slant 6 valves, I had to relocate the rocker shaft. None of them are right in stock form. "Good enough" for most builds, but not right. Mike gets it dead on, whether you're stock or modified like what I did.

Oh and twat's up yall?

ugh. prayin for yall man. Try to stay safe.

Well if this aint fun what is? Nice little tropical low forming right on top of us over the next 5 days.

Morning up since 4. Did all my normal weekend shopping yesterday.
Much easier minus the two legged puppy at my heels all day.
Picked up pond waterfall pump.
Weeded around it. Fish are hyper active. Beating up the females to release their eggs.
Get a little more yard work done. figure start back on driveway Around 9 or so.
HOPPY a friend gave me a few hats yesterday. I saved one for you. it is totally you.
Bring it to Carlisle.

-
Back