Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The tractor is still in JD Jaill. Found the issue though. Driveshaft to the HYD pump sheared, never knew it even had one.
wow, those things typically are solid steel. I’ve not seen it or heard of one sheering before. That’s a first for me.

Disclaimer: before I get flamed into oblivion for my opinion that the Rams are more durable. We farmed thousands of acres for a very long time. You want to tear equipment up put it on a farm and let all the non owning employees use it. The farm is a literal living experiment for durability. The Dodges were loud, ugly, rough riding but simply would not die. Ask me about utility four wheelers, Honda ranchers hands down for the win.
Agreed. Especially them 80s ones. You know, that’s the one thing that the 80s automotive makers did right, they built some tough as nails trucks in the late 70s and thru the early 90s. Then things went plastic

The U joint failed. Was not in the book to lubricate. Expensive lack of maintenance!!!!:mob:
Hmm I’m gonna go look for a picture. None of ours have u joints. On all of ours, it’s a solid steel shaft with flanges on both ends. One bolts to the crank pulley, the other to the pump. There is a carrier bearing on the 8630 but not on the others.

Attachments

• upload_2021-6-12_7-51-32.png
    upload_2021-6-12_7-51-32.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 60
-
Back