Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
5 hours later, dont mind the crappy camera work and shitty audio..https://youtube.com/shorts/akE32J-8ejI?feature=share

itsalive.jpg

Put a fork in me.
Did everything today except what I wanted to.
Reality is it needed done. Have a waterfall again. Still need to rebuild it though.
Did a lot of weeding still not done. Watered everything green house veggies are doing ok.
Managed to get 50 plus bricks in drive way.
Only about 600 or so to go.

20210612_153127.jpg

20210612_153242.jpg

20210612_153205.jpg

20210612_153601.jpg

Put a fork in me.
Did everything today except what I wanted to.
Reality is it needed done. Have a waterfall again. Still need to rebuild it though.
Did a lot of weeding still not done. Watered everything green house veggies are doing ok.
Managed to get 50 plus bricks in drive way.
Only about 600 or so to go.

View attachment 1715750819

View attachment 1715750820

View attachment 1715750821

View attachment 1715750822
You know, I could come over a day to help you with brick drive.....Drive up from Rays, and put in a day, then drive back.....Let me know....

You know, I could come over a day to help you with brick drive.....Drive up from Rays, and put in a day, then drive back.....Let me know....

Appreciate that .
I just hope to get it done before then.
I can do it in a few days a most if I have someone feeding me bricks.
Its the up and down back and forth that takes up the time.

Appreciate that .
I just hope to get it done before then.
I can do it in a few days a most if I have someone feeding me bricks.
Its the up and down back and forth that takes up the time.
So, what you are saying is you want someone to throw bricks at you?

So, i think i will need to tear the thermoquad down and clean it. Im positive the idle circuits are plugged. Likely the accellerator pump is boogered too. Any tricks,tips or excellent advice to offer?
This one looks untouched,maybe 45,000 miles on it.

I'm done with carburetors with anyone but someone rolling up in the driveway with the whole car, BUT, I always use thin mechanic's wire and run it into all the passages, followed by blasting with high air pressure following that with some skeets of aerosol carburetor cleaner finishing up with some more high air pressure. Put your safety glasses on cause you don't wanna end up sellin pencils out of a cup downtown.

So, i think i will need to tear the thermoquad down and clean it. Im positive the idle circuits are plugged. Likely the accellerator pump is boogered too. Any tricks,tips or excellent advice to offer?
This one looks untouched,maybe 45,000 miles on it.
Flat rubber seals might be sucking air.....

Im going to order a carb kit,and get after it. The bowls wouldnt fill until i rapped on them. Will see what happens after they sit with gas in them.

Well glutton for punishment that I am.
I went back out to prep for tomorrow. Try a different approach.
Maybe I won't have to get up and down as much.
Damn these bricks are heavy. I need to weigh one.

Well glutton for punishment that I am.
I went back out to prep for tomorrow. Try a different approach.
Maybe I won't have to get up and down as much.
Damn these bricks are heavy. I need to weigh one.
They do get heavy....

Well curiosity got the better of me. So I did it the scientific method.
I weighed myself then with the brick.
Now I know we're the expression thick as a brick came from.
Anyone want to guess?

20210612_192612.jpg

20210612_192627.jpg

Im going to order a carb kit,and get after it. The bowls wouldnt fill until i rapped on them. Will see what happens after they sit with gas in them.

This is a TQ, right? The most problematic thing with them is the main jet wells in the bottom of the plastic body. Here's how I do it. I get a small pair of pliers and grab the main wells and gently pry back and forth. If they pop off, I clean as much of the cement off as I can without removing any plastic. Then I use a product called Seal All.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...ve-car-1964-plymouth-valiant?brand=true&pos=0

It's resistant to gas and oil unlike JB Weld. Be careful though, it's kinda runny so use a small brush and apply it. Apply it to both the main body and the the main jet wells and reassemble, then brush about three good coats on the outside around the seams, letting it dry tacky to the touch between coats. It doesn't take long.

Now, if the main jet wells will not come off after gently prying, just coat the seams with a few coats of the seal all on the outside of the seams like I just described. They'll never leak again if you use that product. Like I said, it's runny so be ready for it. You're not gonna think it's gonna do anything but that stuff is badass, it'll work.

-
Back