Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yeah, we have bought several land pieces here in the last 4 years. Very profitable, when you are connected with the local Gov, and real estate guy....Getting ready to sell this one and build again...:thumbsup:
We always enjoy all your pictures. It looks like a beautiful place.

:rofl:
Ask him what hospital he is at so we can take up a collection and send flowers.
Better yet, send him the flowers and bill his room :rofl:

had a buddy do that to his ex wife when she broke her leg. He sent her 12 dozen roses, all billed to her room

Morning mike. How’s things been for you?
been good , cold but I am prepared for it, my hands ard dry from feeding the monster stove and spot welding.
Took care of my father in laws wishes Sunday at Mammoth Springs just past Hardy Arkansas.

Can't think of any problems at all, all good buddy

20220123_111411.jpg

Good Morning Everyone. Woke up on the coldest day for us so far (-26°F) with a cold house. Furnace wasn't working. Checked all that I could and gave up. Called the heating people and left a message. They called me back as I was leaving. Talked with the tech on the phone and found moisture in a gas reference hose. Blew through it, furnace cranked up - heat again. Woohoo!

Good Morning Everyone. Woke up on the coldest day for us so far (-26°F) with a cold house. Furnace wasn't working. Checked all that I could and gave up. Called the heating people and left a message. They called me back as I was leaving. Talked with the tech on the phone and found moisture in a gas reference hose. Blew through it, furnace cranked up - heat again. Woohoo!
outstanding, I bet the house was cold when you fired it back up ?

One of the weird things I see in VN, is they order a lot of stuff online, including clothes. It gets here usually within a day, probably better than Amazon. But the wierd thing is, and I've seen this many times. The delivery driver shows up at the gate, and rings the bell. NO MONEY CHANGES HANDS UNTIL THEY UNPACKAGE THE ITEM AND CHECK IT!!. Delivery guy waits at the gate ( sometimes 20 mins) for them to go inside and check fit of clothes. Then, if it's ok, he gets paid. If no good, they just hand it back, through the gate..LOL.
View attachment 1715859145 View attachment 1715859145
Wow that's different. UPS would never go for that. Can't even stop the driver and say high. You have to run along side him on the way back to the truck! :rofl::rofl::steering::steering::usflag::usflag:

outstanding, I bet the house was cold when you fired it back up ?

It must have only been out for a couple hours. It dropped temp inside 4° the hour I was awake, it was down to 56° (thermostat is set at 66°) when I got it going again.

It must have only been out for a couple hours. It dropped temp inside 4° the hour I was awake, it was down to 56° (thermostat is set at 66°) when I got it going again.
Was just talking with someone about how that was normal 'til the 50s. Someone - usually the father, would go downstairs and get the furnace going again. Even for me growing up with an automatic furnace, the thermostat was turned down to 55 at night.

Was just talking with someone about how that was normal 'til the 50s. Someone - usually the father, would go downstairs and get the furnace going again. Even for me growing up with an automatic furnace, the thermostat was turned down to 55 at night.
We had a wood burner out on the farm. The house was always warm even though it wasn't insulated well. Stoke it up with some oak logs and there was always glowing coals in the morning. Stir them up and throw on a few more logs. (rarely bigger than your thigh) Dad would come home for lunch and fill it for the afternoon and evening. If I was home from school I would do it. Cleaning out the ashes was my job as a kid.

We set our night time sleep to 66 here also.
Have a great day

Mine is set to 66 all the time.

You too Mike.
Same here. Some times I'll knock it down a little when going out, or going in and out a lot. Occassionally tap it up just enough to trip the 'stat to stay ahead of a temperature drop. Almost did it last night.
Furnace here was converted to natural gas probably late 30s or early 1940s. Water heater was 'bucket a day' coal burner until 1947 or 48.

Wow that's different. UPS would never go for that. Can't even stop the driver and say high. You have to run along side him on the way back to the truck! :rofl::rofl::steering::steering::usflag::usflag:

I'm fortunate here. UPS guy is very friendly. If he's not super booked up we'll chat for a minute or two before he rolls out. That's the exception I know...

All caught up. Good morning. My mailman will not even deliver mail here. Unless priority next day. He's a dick....

Morning, UPS guy here is a car guy, we talk alot about cars and upcoming shows. We got about 4 inches of snow yesterday, and temp is 6deg. Coffee is extra good.

Howdy all. Sailing past Tampico at the moment. Still slow going as wind and current are out of the north and hitting us head on.

My cold, old brick house must have continued to heat soak after getting the furnace running. Ran home at lunch, still only 61° inside and frozen hot water line going to upstairs bathroom. Grrrrrrrr :mob:

I'm at the alignment shop and there was this guy there that had a ratted
out Nova. guys looking at my car and he said well it's not show quality I told him to go screw himself it's not at a

show and besides that I built it myself and I like it just the way it is. He an a******

Last edited:
-
Back