Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Removing P/S pump and lines today to order. Might just change the pump since it will be out, will look for signs of leaking. May need to buy or borrow from parts store a puller for the pulley, don't know if my pullers will get on pump pulley or not.

Good morning c\_/
I watched a movie titled Nobody yesterday. Not great, just OK something to watch. There is a white 72 Challenger in the movie. The guy who inherited the car from deceased father says, "1972 Challenger, 4.9 liter V8, 0 to 60 in... I'm gonna find out". I immediately thought, someone didn't do their research. A 72 didn't come with a 273. About the time this had left my mind and I'm focused on the movie again, the main character stole the car from his neighbor and repeated the neighbors' earlier statement. Yall have a great day.

Pulley Remover and Installer Set 12 Pc. (harborfreight.com)

Anybody used this kit? Now that we have HF in town may look into this as don't expect to use too many times.
I dont know which p/s pump you have. There is a puller and pusher especially for one of the p/s pump pulleys types.
Does the shaft have a threaded hole in center?

ps pulley tools.jpg

Good morning c\_/
I watched a movie titled Nobody yesterday. Not great, just OK something to watch. There is a white 72 Challenger in the movie. The guy who inherited the car from deceased father says, "1972 Challenger, 4.9 liter V8, 0 to 60 in... I'm gonna find out". I immediately thought, someone didn't do their research. A 72 didn't come with a 273. About the time this had left my mind and I'm focused on the movie again, the main character stole the car from his neighbor and repeated the neighbors' earlier statement. Yall have a great day.

4.9L = 299ci. Maybe has a Ferd L6 in it?

Antifreeze is non corrosive as it is in your radiator. I have had it in for 25 years nothing yet
Sorry, I was thinking the tire anti-freeze they sell here. They call it Anti-freeze. But in actuality it’s the exact same **** they spray on the roads. If you read the fine print on the sales receipt it states that it’s not to be used long term due to its corrosiveness

Antifreeze is non corrosive as it is in your radiator. I have had it in for 25 years nothing yet
Even so, the only reason antifreeze is non-corrosive is the additives. The numbers for straight propylene glycol etc are not great. Different antifreeze gets different additives. The new stuff only works well in an air free environment, and the conventional stuff works better until it doesn't.

Probably list this today, no part numbers at all, :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Unclear as to what to post this for but hopefully I can find a home for it on the cheep :lol:

20220131_183958.jpg

I see it shows 80 to 84 on the 4 pin, but I would bet it will check the 72 and up as well maybe eh ?
I bet. I see the newest applications stop at 84. I bet the tester was made in 1984. :lol:

I see it shows 80 to 84 on the 4 pin, but I would bet it will check the 72 and up as well maybe eh ?
Yes it does just used it on a four pin. Have good ones and bad ones that I know what is wrong with. Same on the mopar ecu's sweet unit actualy.

-
Back