Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
What is it with Mustang guys? Its no wonder they get the reckless driving rep. Was just at the grocery store. Coming home its 32F and light rain - could go icy at any time. Most are driving very careful. Newer Mustang taking a right in main intersection gunning the gas through the turn. :wtf: No, he didn't actually break the tires loose. Just made noise and backed off a couple times But really? We know you have some power. You could f'kin idle your way around the corner.... :BangHead:

What is it with Mustang guys? Its no wonder they get the reckless driving rep. Was just at the grocery store. Coming home its 32F and light rain - could go icy at any time. Most are driving very careful. Newer Mustang taking a right in main intersection gunning the gas through the turn. :wtf: No, he didn't actually break the tires loose. Just made noise and backed off a couple times But really? We know you have some power. You could f'kin idle your way around the corner.... :BangHead:

Brainiacs!

Wheres the fun in that?:poke::lol:

My Wife and Mom took my car in for a heater core change Tuesday. Dealership called and cant find a leak. Told them if you go anywhere past mid temp towards hot on hvac controls you smell coolant inside the car and you lose coolant from the radiator. They are still trying to find the leak. Will call me back on Monday.
At least the carpet is dry.

My Wife and Mom took my car in for a heater core change Tuesday. Dealership called and cant find a leak. Told them if you go anywhere past mid temp towards hot on hvac controls you smell coolant inside the car and you lose coolant from the radiator. They are still trying to find the leak. Will call me back on Monday.
At least the carpet is dry.
My barracuda smells like a coolant leak if its gets hot enough. My temporary solution is ginger pills. The ones from a GM dealer supposed to be the best. Barr's sells a version thats at most local stores.

My barracuda smells like a coolant leak if its gets hot enough. My temporary solution is ginger pills. The ones from a GM dealer supposed to be the best. Barr's sells a version thats at most local stores.
My problem is I drive it 500 miles one way to work when the boat is working stateside. I have already blown the head gaskets once from an overheat due to a cooling fan failure. Torque to yield bolts and ARP was out of stock at the time.

Clamp meter didn't work today. I've hardly used it. Worked a couple weeks ago. dunno.
I'll see if Innova has any customer service worth wasting time with.

jeep's electrics seem to be working more or less to spec. Just going by voltage and voltage drop. Should be OK for now. Some small things to fix, but no rush.

Not that anyone cares. Called Innova and they had no service or a way test the clamp meter.
Then while looking at the meter a connection was made.
The meter responds to current in millivolts. There's two settings. 1mV per amp and 10 mV per amp.
So duh, to see if the clamp meter is working, connect it to the multimeter's voltage setting.
So the clamp meter is fine. Therefore its the multimeter's built in mV to amps converter that doesn't work.
Not that the math is that difficult. I can multiply by 10 :rolleyes: but the meter is starting to get a little flakey so I bought a new one.
Happens to be on sale at Innova's website, shipping included in the price.
Good deal if anyone has been thinking about a low cost, reasonably decent automotive multimeter.
Automotive DMM 3340

Against the law here but they usually let it slide. Unless they don't.

My problem is I drive it 500 miles one way to work when the boat is working stateside. I have already blown the head gaskets once from an overheat due to a cooling fan failure. Torque to yield bolts and ARP was out of stock at the time.
That's a long drive with that smell and worry.
OTH GM used it to solve their warrenty problems on new cars!

Not that anyone cares. Called Innova and they had no service or a way test the clamp meter.
Then while looking wat the meter a connection was made.
The meter responds to current in millivolts. There's two settings. 1mV per amp and 10 mV per amp.
So duh, to see if the clamp meter is working, connect it to the multimeter's voltage setting.
So the clamp meter is fine. Therefore its the multimeter's built in mV to amps converter that doesn't work.
Not that the math is that difficult. I can multiply by 10 :rolleyes: but the meter is starting to get a little flakey so I bought a new one.
Happens to be on sale at Innova's website, shipping included in the price.
Good deal if anyone has been thinking about a low cost, reasonably decent automotive multimeter.
Automotive DMM 3340
Yep, electronics can flake out. (as you well know) I sold Innova timing lights for many years without an issue. I just bought one of their cheapie scan tools for a buck fiddy from the parts store. It seems to work fine. It has a battery/alternator test which is pretty cool. No specs just a pass/fail.

Yep, electronics can flake out. (as you well know) I sold Innova timing lights for many years without an issue. I just bought one of their cheapie scan tools for a buck fiddy from the parts store. It seems to work fine. It has a battery/alternator test which is pretty cool. No specs just a pass/fail.
I'll give them this. They answered the phone pretty quick and the guy spoke standard American English.
He just hadn't put his thinking cap on and nor had I.
The multimeter probably can be serviced. Once I get the new one I'll call and ask about the old one.
The DCV and ohms settings need to be fiddled with a little sometimes.
It's probably wear related to the contact under the selection dial. There's a A-zon review of a similar DMM with a photo showing that.

Another cold day on the hill, ice covered ground and driveway up the hill, 30 degrees out side with 17 mph winds.
My wife and I are tired of being in the house so I started a fire in the BFS an hour ago, up to 40 degrees now, 30x40 12 ft ceilings.. so its doing its job.
Hope all is well for all our members and members here in this great thread I would enjoy more if I lived closer to you all..

20220130_115800.jpg

Totally black ice here. Stuck till it defrosts, even the road is all Ice!
oh man ! I can relate because I am NOT attempting to drive down my driveway because totally slick smooth solid ice. I believe it will thaw by tomorrow evening ot Sunday. Fingers crossed

you are a smart fellow Tim :lol:

Totally black ice here. Stuck till it defrosts, even the road is all Ice!
Just got to work a bit early. Roads were mostly OK. Rain had stopped for long enough to drain pretty good. Now drizzling again. Getting some icy spots…

-
Back