Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I'm pretty curious how I'll do with a military load. Will help take up some of the windage but I expect it will group faily large. Also no rear sight so consistancy will all be in my technique or lack of.

Consistent patching.

Are you using prepared paper cartridges?

Nice

Flints look decent.

What throw are you putting behind the ball?
I'm going to go 70 to 75 of FF.
The 90 grain measure would then allow for 20 in the pan. I don't think it needs that much. I'll do a little experiment on that befoe making a decision. A little less than full always seemed to be more productive, and even with a worn hammer more powder didn't seem to help once there was enough

My boss from way way back invited me up to shoot garands and black powder at his local range later this spring.
I'll have to find out what's allowed there. Around here a lot of clubs don't allow priming from the cartridge and I do understand why. Same reason they make members shoot from under a low roof....

My boss from way way back invited me up to shoot garands and black powder at his local range later this spring.
I'll have to find out what's allowed there. Around here a lot of clubs don't allow priming from the cartridge and I do understand why. Same reason they make members shoot from under a low roof....

Right... because in Von Steuben you're priming from the ready position before you charge cartridge and ram. I can see how some ranges might find that troubling

Morning all. Found a 72 Satellite project for a buddy. Bought a parts 69 Satellite that will repair 2 Roadrunners. Finally got my No Name Nationals video up after a couple interuptions.

Wow... $26K !! People are insane..

"Ran when parked in 2011"

I love my Valiant... but I also know what it is in the marketplace.

Screenshot_20220210-090409_Facebook.jpg

Old Rip Van Winkle 10 is selling on the secondary market for ridiculous prices. Hard to believe it's only a $70 bottle MSRP but it is highly allocated. The store owner that our barrel pick went through, divided a bottle, and gave out the samples to his best customers. 26 happy people instead of just one if he had sold the bottle to someone. He's a good guy and I like the way he does business.

Elijah Craig barrel pick.jpg8.jpg

upload_2022-2-10_8-34-24.png

Last edited:
Morning all. Found a 72 Satellite project for a buddy. Bought a parts 69 Satellite that will repair 2 Roadrunners. Finally got my No Name Nationals video up after a couple interuptions.

Dang you gota lot of old metal there! I don't know which one you should do, but ya better get busy! :poke:

Freaking fire in Laguna Beach. Going to be hot today and very windy. Threatening multi million dollar homes.... About 30 miles north of me...

-
Back