Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
In THEORY, if I simply hold the engine in-place I SHOULD be able to remove the K-frame.....

Am I using to much California snow thinking that?
Tim did it with his stroker .
I think he lifted the body and rolled everything out.
I put the hemi with the RMS frame in my 73 cuda from under.

Tim did it with his stroker .
I think he lifted the body and rolled everything out.
I put the hemi with the RMS frame in my 73 cuda from under.

Walked it through in my head and seems everything drops down so removing struts, steering box, engine mounts and pitman arm seem to be the key points....

Right now kicking off a premium reserve chop...

20220223_191230.jpg

Walked it through in my head and seems everything drops down so removing struts, steering box, engine mounts and pitman arm seem to be the key points....
So you are saying you only want to raise the engine offv the K frame not completely pull it out???

I haven't seen much but I'm pretty sure I've never seen what you're talking about doing. Engine up with cherry picker, unbolt Kframe, drop Kframe then put some kind of cradle/stand under engine and lower engine back down onto that?

I haven't seen much but I'm pretty sure I've never seen what you're talking about doing. Engine up with cherry picker, unbolt Kframe, drop Kframe then put some kind of cradle/stand under engine and lower engine back down onto that?

It's not even lower... I want to hold it steady and lower the damaged K.... then raise the replacement K. Ideally the engine doesn't move at all

I have a stout work stand made from a Navy EA6B aircraft "pod cradle". Starting with some kind of frame like that you may be able to use dimensions from the removed K frame to fit the block, dunno, just spitballing here lol.

It's not even lower... I want to hold it steady and lower the damaged K.... then raise the replacement K. Ideally the engine doesn't move at all
Or raise the car and drop the whole kit out from under it.

I have a stout work stand made from a Navy EA6B aircraft "pod cradle". Starting with some kind of frame like that you may be able to use dimensions from the removed K frame to fit the block, dunno, just spitballing here lol.
My previous employer used jackstands made of stacked 2x4s to sit Uparmored HMWVVs on

It'll be interesting. I think a slow approach will reveal the necessary support or modifications to approach

I built a cradle out of 4x4 and some Harbor Freight casters under K frame raised body with the with the engine hoist and rolled everything out.

-
Back