Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
We have a buyer, Just need to do the paperwork....:thumbsup:

Job Complete.jpg

snoopy-dancing1.jpg

Thanks Karl. I'll have to double check that clearance
I'm looking forward to watching your K-frame project.
I know you've been gathering tools, parts, and information for a while.
I'm sure with the homework and the smart guys here it will seem simple once you're done. :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to watching your K-frame project.
I know you've been gathering tools, parts, and information for a while.
I'm sure with the homework and the smart guys here it will seem simple once you're done. :thumbsup:

I'm pretty stoked about getting started. Been h hitting all the bolts with PB Blaster once a day. :D

I will be turning 70 very shortly. Up until now ive still worked part time welding and fabing on heavy equipment. Full time gig, Boilermaker, ship repair and such.
I was working a lot after I retired in jan of 14 and it started to decline about two years ago
Really not much the last several months
I did just finish up a 5 day job for a good guy, he asked me to help him out and I could not refuse
Im tight with him, I visit his shop and the guys there often
The only other guy I worked for I just gave my notice I'm leaving
I have a lot of projects to keep me occupied and my wife to care for when needed
Its been a long haul, a lot of hours, time away from the family and even the grandkids to a degree
Two jobs, overtime, working always around the water front, cold and heat, yet I have a slightly empty feeling
One door closes and another opens
Wish me luck

Morning!
-34. No work on the plate today, time to clean shop i think. Office too. Really want to get firebird back into shop, get 1/4 panels done.

I will be turning 70 very shortly. Up until now ive still worked part time welding and fabing on heavy equipment. Full time gig, Boilermaker, ship repair and such.
I was working a lot after I retired in jan of 14 and it started to decline about two years ago
I did just finish up a 5 day job for a good guy, he asked me to help him out and I could not refuse
I have a lot of projects to keep me occupied and my wife to care for when needed
Its been a long haul, a lot of hours, time away from the family and even the grandkids to a degree
Two jobs, overtime, working always around the water front, cold and heat, yet I have a slightly empty feeling
Wish me luck
Good luck

Well looks like I’m gonna go top off all the fuel tanks this morning.

Wish me luck
I did the retirement thing a couple years ago. I had that empty feeling too, but within a few weeks I knew I'd done the right thing.
Time to have some fun and really enjoy life. You deserve it!! :thumbsup:

Wish me luck

Seems like you'll always have work lined up... now it's just for you.

Best to you

Look how Keith lifted his duster with the hoist.
Otherwise Tim's method also works if you have scaffold and a hoist.
Oh. Morning.
Thanks Ray... yeah I'm going to look at the pictures on the computer later this morning. Hadn't thought about @krazykuda note concerning the hoist legs so that's another factor to consider.

And you were probably saying "I can't believe regular is almost 2 dollars a gallon!"
Or more in a day or two. :mob: :wtf:
Think I'll top off my gas burning equipment and go fill my 50 gallons worth of cans today.
Might also be worth getting some cash out of the bank and held in reserve.
Not a chicken little moment but if someone f**ks with the cyber world for a while I don't want to be empty handed.

Last edited:
Good Morning everyone. I hope all is well. Took a fall on the ice last night after class. I am fine, but will be sore for a while. I mailed my new hood scoop to my hood manufacturer last night as they can glass it in for me. That will make me feel much better to have it done all at once. Then I just have to make up my new exhaust and I will be about ready for spring - carwise. I personally have been ready for a while now.

Good Morning everyone. I hope all is well. Took a fall on the ice last night after class. I am fine, but will be sore for a while. I mailed my new hood scoop to my hood manufacturer last night as they can glass it in for me. That will make me feel much better to have it done all at once. Then I just have to make up my new exhaust and I will be about ready for spring - carwise. I personally have been ready for a while now.

Glad you bounced back from your fall. Those are awkward.

Or more in a day or two. :mob: :wtf:
Think I'll top off my gas burning equipment and go fill my 50 gallons worth of cans today.
Might also be worth getting some cash out of the bank and held in reserve.
Someone f**ks with the cyber world I don't want to be empty handed.

Paid 2.43 last night topping off the truck...

-
Back