Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Eric that sounds like a good problem to have!

But if it rained, it would pick for me. Can't do it all, so what to pick. Oh and Cars and Coffee event tomorrow morning in Elkhart Lake. Coffee for now...

I lied… the sale people finally showed upand I asked. They keep the new ones at the far end if the lot since they pretty much sell themselves. LOL. They have 3 CX-30s and he says there will s a CX-9 somewhere

Good morning men. All my vehicles are paid for. My truck has been perfect. No issues
Not common. Sad. No way I'm trading it on for 4 more gears and payments and potential problems.... My truck has 6 speeds. The new 10. About the only difference....

Howdy all. Sitting on a boat in quarentine. 7 of our crew tested + for covid. Nothing more than sinus/alergies for symptoms again. Retest on Monday. Hope it's still positive as Coast Guard inspection is Tuesday. What a bad thing to say eh?

Morning gang.

Bench bled the master cylinder last night and got the final lines and vacuum hose connected on the master/ booster combo. Double.checked all the connections.

I did have a bolt break on the left caliper clip... have to get that squared away

Found a used tire place that'll swap the tires and rims for me. Have to run those by this morning.
Exhaust is about ready to get finalized as well. If nothing else breaks or leaks I should have her off the jack stands by Monday (knock on wood)

View attachment 1715943164

View attachment 1715943165

View attachment 1715943166

View attachment 1715943167
I see the coiled brake lines are horizontal Less likely to trap air.

Mazda done. Went to pull cruise out of lebaron, speedo housing is different on transmission, but will fit. Speedo may be off though. And the upper cable end is different. Trying to figure that part out.

Good morning all. Powers been out, so I tested some more on the Jeep. Using Frank’s tip, it does appear that air is getting thru the radiator, it’s definitely sucking hot air thru anyway.

I was reading the owners manual and noticed something I’ve not noticed before. Says for ambient temps about 95 degrees Fahrenheit, some Jeeps may require 60/40 water of water/antifreeze with a max recommendation of 70/30. So I think I’m gonna go get a hydrometer and tune the coolant ratio.

IMG_0033.JPG

07:19 PDT tomorrow SpaceX Falcon 9 leaves from the complex just over the hill from SLC3 shown here. The top of the MST is just over the ridge on the right of the photo, that box lookin' thing. SpaceX fired numerous employees for denouncing their billionaire boss recently. For those ex-employee's sake, I hope "firing" does not mean being duct taped to the booster rocket of the Falcon for a ride to the Channel Islands :rofl:

If you have a vehicle that works well you might want to keep ahold of it. A few repairs are cheaper than buying a new/different vehicle.
I will not be buying another daily vehicle on a loan. At least for me. It’s just not worth it, prices are equal to if not more than a dang house payment. My wife’s 2020 Durango SRT will be the last “new” vehicle we purchase .

when the Jeep engine goes, there’s a hemi waiting to go in.

Got 4 wheel disc brake conversion done. Kind of a pain. Got it started and drove it. Dang that car is quick. 4.56 gears...

Got 4 wheel disc brake conversion done. Kind of a pain. Got it started and drove it. Dang that car is quick. 4.56 gears...

I'm still fighting with 2 wheels.... I really need to stop breaking things and creating more work for myself :BangHead:.

On the plus side, I found a place that would swap the tires and rims around for me. Took about 30 minutes from the moment I drove up. 6 dismounted, 4 mounted and balanced, 2 disposed of cost me $100.

Guess I know where to go if I get new tires online. I was in the shop BSing with the guy while he worked.

20220617_164810.jpg

Last edited:
Well in preparation for State Championship this weekend I am rocking my best hat. 100% Beaver, hand crafted by Square D Bar J. The guy hand builds them out in Nevada. They are all one of a kind. Clearly being it is the State Championship ya absolutely gotta make the brim just right after abusing it all year. Surely you boys didn’t think the brims just naturally appear that way did ya? We shape them, being it is 100% beaver you have to soak it for a couple of hours to get it malleable again (first pix in sink) and erase a years worth of dog sitting on it, stuffed on dash, tool box tossed on it etc. it is after all, a working hat not a dress hat! So after soaking, you then block it in the direction you want to go and then lay the heat gun to it to dry it out. That is second pix! They never totally comply, it is just kind of a gentle agreement between you and the hat, kind of like a wife, you take what it gives you and like it! Tomorrow will be fun!

2D147F17-C407-4DE1-A2FE-1AD085CCEB63.jpeg

64FABF3E-E752-4664-9D62-E42A113A6262.jpeg

-
Back