Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I think someone watched Batman one time too many :lol:
Ya think?

how-to-install-car-lashes_18.jpg

Went and got my generator exhaust flange welded, guy had quite a place. The welder he used isn't pictured but I guess it cost 10k and he says the prices of welders in general have gone through the roof the within the past 8 months. He tig welded it I believe with a 305 stainless rod. Considering how heavy the flange is he mentioned vibration could cause an issue. More on the crazy concrete pad and it's built for use later, I shouldn't have been complaining how long it took me to pressure wash my shop and garage pads/walk.

Image (24).jpeg

Image (25).jpeg

Image (26).jpeg

Went and got my generator exhaust flange welded, guy had quite a place. The welder he used isn't pictured but I guess it cost 10k and he says the prices of welders in general have gone through the roof the within the past 8 months. He tig welded it I believe with a 305 stainless rod. Considering how heavy the flange is he mentioned vibration could cause an issue. More on the crazy concrete pad and it's built for use later, I shouldn't have been complaining how long it took me to pressure wash my shop and garage pads/walk.

View attachment 1715943467

View attachment 1715943468

View attachment 1715943469
Looks great worth the wait.

Staying cool, tomatoes aren't happy lol, how about you? Hope you get your wheels on terra firma soon!

Hopefully today!

Yeah, nice break in the weather here for a couple of days.

My brother's are rolling in next week so I need to get to the point of doing the alignment since I'll have the extra hands :thumbsup:

Looks great worth the wait.

He did a good job. I did wait at his place for 1.5 hours, he had hoped to get off earlier but was welding a deck onto a barge and the owner told him suddenly he wanted to be on the water by Tuesday so now he's working tomorrow and his 2 man crew was still welding when he was doing my gen. The bids on that barge job were 300-400k, he looked it over when they asked him for bid, he calculated 100k parts and labor, not sure what bid he placed but he's making good money on the job, he says what people are asking/making is out of control for welders.

Hopefully today!

My brother's are rolling in next week so I need to get to the point of doing the alignment since I'll have the extra hands :thumbsup:

Smart move, extra hands are good! Pls post your alignment as you can, mine will happen eventually lol!

Just a good morning drive by, truck is loaded and I am ready to head out. I will have a great time in fellowship with like minded creatures and making bang noises all day. All the while going down in a flaming pile of poo! When you win State you get a super cool buckle, you then wear it at ensuing matches to rent space in other competitors heads. The only thing anyone will see from me today even remotely looking like a buckle will be the huge pile of rust at my feet every stage! Hah! I will have a blast tho, it is genuinely a whole lot of fun. You all be safe and have a great day, hydrate man hydrate!

Just a good morning drive by, truck is loaded and I am ready to head out. I will have a great time in fellowship with like minded creatures and making bang noises all day. All the while going down in a flaming pile of poo! When you win State you get a super cool buckle, you then wear it at ensuing matches to rent space in other competitors heads. The only thing anyone will see from me today even remotely looking like a buckle will be the huge pile of rust at my feet every stage! Hah! I will have a blast tho, it is genuinely a whole lot of fun. You all be safe and have a great day, hydrate man hydrate!

Good luck and I like your hat!

I thought the amount of concrete outside this 5 or 6 bay shop seemed a bit odd. My welder told me the story, place was owned by a rich California dude who brought his buddies up to his place once a year, they'd come up with their RVs/Trailers and there were multiple sewer hook ups in the pads. Guys only, all their wives stayed home. He had a 45 foot boat that was parked in the largest/tallest bay, they'd all go out on that and drink and fish and drink some more!

Image (25).jpeg

So go to the machine shop yesterday to pick up my bushing order, he said he can do the 340 mounts if we give him a example to measure off. He is also going to make some switch parts for Tommy at Parts Hound that rebuilds them. Also making me up a run of custom plates for mounting GM four pin moduales under the distributors, there is one out there but I dont like that it does not have a built in heat sink and a few other things for me also. Pretty cool he will take this stuff on. Have a few pics I will post of some of the older stuff in a few. So now that said who has a set of 340 mounts they can lend me for a few weeks for measurements?

So go to the machine shop yesterday to pick up my bushing order, he said he can do the 340 mounts if we give him a example to measure off. He is also going to make some switch parts for Tommy at Parts Hound that rebuilds them. Also making me up a run of custom plates for mounting GM four pin moduales under the distributors, there is one out there but I dont like that it does not have a built in heat sink and a few other things for me also. Pretty cool he will take this stuff on. Have a few pics I will post of some of the older stuff in a few. So now that said who has a set of 340 mounts they can lend me for a few weeks for measurements?
Everything I have and have had in the recent past are all big blocks. The only small block Mopar I had was my first one and that was 50 years ago

For those that may not be aware today is National train a teacher (Educator) day. I feel a wee bit guilty as the rest of my cadre is working while I go play. Our Company (Get Trained Be Ready) is training just over 30 Teachers today for no charge, everything from defensive handgun to basic trauma etc etc. I think the only thing we aren’t offering was LZ training! We were shocked at the response this year once we offered the classes, as typically we get a few but not a lot of attendees. I reckon given the present landscape more teachers are figuring out our training could help save lives. Big shout out to all the trained professionals in many different fields that are donating their time and effort today across this great Nation.

I can loan him my mounts, they are clean/powder coated/straight. Pls pm me with mailing address, thanks.

Aren’t 360 mounts the same?

For those that may not be aware today is National train a teacher (Educator) day. I feel a wee bit guilty as the rest of my cadre is working while I go play. Our Company (Get Trained Be Ready) is training just over 30 Teachers today for no charge, everything from defensive handgun to basic trauma etc etc. I think the only thing we aren’t offering was LZ training! We were shocked at the response this year once we offered the classes, as typically we get a few but not a lot of attendees. I reckon given the present landscape more teachers are figuring out our training could help save lives. Big shout out to all the trained professionals in many different fields that are donating their time and effort today across this great Nation.
Thank you

Hopefully today!

Cool !! And yes please take notes and pictures to help another coffee crew member, I will be doing my 66 very soon, very very soon.
Stay cool today :thumbsup::thankyou:

Hey Chris....did your Jeep start heating up or did it heat up after changing water pump or fluid or something

Definately one side is different and $$$ to buy them. Figured this would be a good one to throw him work.

-
Back