Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Pardon me fellas. I need to capture a image.

20220617_172951.jpg

Well in preparation for State Championship this weekend I am rocking my best hat. 100% Beaver, hand crafted by Square D Bar J. The guy hand builds them out in Nevada. They are all one of a kind. Clearly being it is the State Championship ya absolutely gotta make the brim just right after abusing it all year. Surely you boys didn’t think the brims just naturally appear that way did ya? We shape them, being it is 100% beaver you have to soak it for a couple of hours to get it malleable again (first pix in sink) and erase a years worth of dog sitting on it, stuffed on dash, tool box tossed on it etc. it is after all, a working hat not a dress hat! So after soaking, you then block it in the direction you want to go and then lay the heat gun to it to dry it out. That is second pix! They never totally comply, it is just kind of a gentle agreement between you and the hat, kind of like a wife, you take what it gives you and like it! Tomorrow will be fun!

View attachment 1715943310

View attachment 1715943311

Do you ever check your water weight loss through the days like those?

Got the cruise working. After poking around with the idea of putting in my own switches, i went and pulled harness out of the car, and the switch off the column. I zip tied the switch to column. When i put in the power brakes, pt cruiser had cruise so switch was already there.

The neighbor across the street is mowing his lawn with his writing lawn mower with his kid writing on his lap. What a dumb a**.

Do you ever check your water weight loss through the days like those?
I don’t think I would want to know, I pre load the event with high sodium eats the day prior, a couple three IVs throughout the course of the day. And I have never counted how many bottles of water and Gatorade, maybe 8-10? When the heat index is North of 110 you have to stay ahead of the hydration curve. Typically I only pee once during the day and I am pounding fluids. Not a dry spot on ya, but I figure as long as I can still pee I am good to go! The guys that don’t stay ahead just never are able to finish the day, they drop like flys in the early afternoon. Sure makes ya think of…….”On my command, drink” When done, you will hold your canteen directly above your head upside down.
Hah!

Back?
Been raining here slow and steady for over 8 hours, after nearly 4 months without a drop. Glorious. Slow and steady is ultra-rare here in the Chihuahuan desert.
We could use some bad. Was a record breaker with heat this week. Gonna be worse next week.

We could use some bad. Was a record breaker with heat this week. Gonna be worse next week.
Setting temp records here too. Now it's humid, no more dry heat, which was like 3-4% humidity in some places.
One thing I noticed, I can still tolerate the high temps, but I can't take the sun beating down on me anymore. Weakens me almost immediately.

Morning Gang

Woke up too early but just decided to roll with it. Have to get at the yard today and really want to get the Valiant down off of the jack stands now that I have an unexpected 3- day weekend.

Quick parts run first thing (they open at 0730) so going to finally get that last bit of tailpipe in and be done with that.

If it has an 8 3/4. Then swap out the center for some 2.91's for the trip. Like I did. About an hour and a couple qts of 80w90.

I'm thinking about that with the SureGrip I picked up. I read somewhere you can get an estimate on the gear by turning the hub and counting driveshaft rotations (?) 3.91 SG in the car now... figure the one I picked up is stock gear (2.73 maybe??).

I don’t think I would want to know, I pre load the event with high sodium eats the day prior, a couple three IVs throughout the course of the day. And I have never counted how many bottles of water and Gatorade, maybe 8-10? When the heat index is North of 110 you have to stay ahead of the hydration curve. Typically I only pee once during the day and I am pounding fluids. Not a dry spot on ya, but I figure as long as I can still pee I am good to go! The guys that don’t stay ahead just never are able to finish the day, they drop like flys in the early afternoon. Sure makes ya think of…….”On my command, drink” When done, you will hold your canteen directly above your head upside down.
Hah!

Hahah. Yeah. Army got away from that. Some of the more abusive courses also got away from allowing Camelback use because guys would keep the bite tube in their mouth all day and have just enough moisture there to not feel like they needed to drink. Actually increased heat casualties.
I'll usually start a good hydration load about 2 or 3 days prior. Electrolyte elixir balanced with H20..

-
Back