Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
We have an awesome record store right in town here- 'Tom's'. My son used to frequent the place when he lived here. I bought him a nice turntable when he was in high school. I really need to get my turntable set up. I got this one years ago, but barely used it. It's a newer thing that converts to digital signal so you can record to cd. Never transfered any, so don't know if they sound like vinyl when played back. I don't have a lot of vinyl, but I do miss spinning them...

No record store in town, their is one place "Oldish Stuff" but the guy is pretty expensive. He does estate sales and I bump into him at other estate sales, he's snatching up all the vinyl, sometimes buys their whole collection. I don't think you'll get the depth you get playing back an analog signal digitally but I'd try it!

We have an awesome record store right in town here- 'Tom's'. My son used to frequent the place when he lived here. I bought him a nice turntable when he was in high school. I really need to get my turntable set up. I got this one years ago, but barely used it. It's a newer thing that converts to digital signal so you can record to cd. Never transfered any, so don't know if they sound like vinyl when played back. I don't have a lot of vinyl, but I do miss spinning them...
I have one that transfers to digital has every "mistake" vinyl has. Kind of no filters for noise like digital, what you hear is what you get. I like it.

I have one that transfers to digital has ever "mistake" vinyl has. Kind of no filters for noise like digital, what you hear is what you get. I like it.

Yeah, snap crackle and pop is a part of it but through a tube amp vinyl sounds so much better imo. I just got a record called "Time Warp", comes with a warning that the content can damage your hi-fi/speakers because of the levels. It's a mix of "space themed music", classical mostly. My Klipschorns don't have any problems with it but a friend played my CD version of it once on his Boston Accoustics and he hurt his woofers lol!

The internet is great if you want to buy little widgets that don't weigh nuthin for shipping. But trying to get stuff that used to be in any decent hardware store can really suck. Ace is great for hardware, but HD and Lowes are all 'best seller' items. If it doesn't move fast enough it gets cut from inventory. I want a 1/2" oak quarter round. Both list it as unavailable. Everyone stocks 3/4". Probably end up using 1/2 x 3/4 'shoe'. I could trim a piece of that to make the quarter round but not easy to keep straight through the saw. I could just make my own, as I did for 1/4" pieces around glass for my walnut entertainment center long time ago.

You can get a set of shaping bits for the table saw I used to used them alot. You can find the bis in all sorts of sizes. I know it is a hike but call Middletown lumber they have a lot of that specializes stuff and sheets of veener also.

FSMVGKKJW4TGU8V.jpg

Yeah, snap crackle and pop is a part of it but through a tube amp vinyl sounds so much better imo. I just got a record called "Time Warp", comes with a warning that the content can damage your hi-fi/speakers because of the levels. It's a mix of "space themed music", classical mostly. My Klipschorns don't have any problems with it but a friend played my CD version of it once on his Boston Accoustics and he hurt his woofers lol!
I don't even have a decent set of speakers anymore. Just an Onkyo surround sound set up in living room. Not bad for what it is, but just little things. Have one big pair in the basement that were my brothers. Think they might be damaged. And my last 'better' ones are in a box somewhere. My son was using them and I think there is something messed up on one.

You can get a set of shaping bits for the table saw I used to used them alot. You can find the bis in all sorts of sizes. I know it is a hike but call Middletown lumber they have a lot of that specializes stuff and sheets of veener also.

View attachment 1715943505
I have a router table that would do them. Just a pain in the but for something simple I used to be able to buy a stick for cheap. Also want 7ft piece and I don't think I have any oak that long here. Probably have to buy a $20-30 stick to make a $5 moulding...:BangHead:

I have to get some shades for these windows (or stop being on the computer when the sun shines in) :rofl:

20220618_081328.jpg

Yeh. Lowes shows $7.95, but out of stock
Well I still have those two shapers. Large table saw, lold craftsman saw as in real old everything works.
Plus about a pick up worth of wood trim and brick molding.
You have to pick it up.
I will be back some time in the next ten days. If nobody claims it it's going into the dumpster.

-
Back