Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey guys I need help too! Give me all your parts so I can build a new car
Yep. Rusty offered to drive 3 hours for gas money and give the guy a radiator and he won't even tell us what the car it is. I just don't know now days.

yup. they launched. Went out early this AM to look and see if it was worth going to Lompoc Valley to view and it was way overcast and decided to stay warm here at the house :lol:

Land that mo fo on a pad. Cool stuff. And it took a private company to do it. Nasa landed with a chute in the ocean and the Ruskies land on the ground.

shortly after the boom i could hear the engines burn for touchdown. From the looks of the video I wouldn't have seen much from my usual vantage point.

I backed that video up to a point while the bird was still on the pad. :lol: Maybe a half mile visibility for the fog :lol:.
South Vandenberg is it's own little micro climate :lol:. The ocean currents change at Pt Concepcion just south of there and it plays hell with the weather.

I backed that video up to a point while the bird was still on the pad. :lol: Maybe a half mile visibility for the fog :lol:.
South Vandenberg is it's own little micro climate :lol:. The ocean currents change at Pt Concepcion just south of there and it plays hell with the weather.
Interesting they launch through the fog and clouds. Nasa never did.

Us southern californians working out there on the shuttle complex just used to shake our heads and wonder " how in hell are they gonna launch a shuttle in this weather?"

Us southern californians working out there on the shuttle complex just used to shake our heads and wonder " how in hell are they gonna launch a shuttle in this weather?"

Reminds me of why they built NAS Whidbey here in Oak Harbor, micro climate in a good way, the Olympic Mountains give us a rain shadow. Just the opposite 40 miles South in Everett, convergence zone.

Started putting my gen "back together", first snag, exhaust cover plate doesn't fit over adapter. Have pneumatic cut off wheel, will use that and get dye grinder for my air tool. "Honestly Becky, I HAVE to buy this tool" lol!

WW1zp91HondaPoint.gif
th?id=OIP.jpg
th?id=OIP.jpg
1923 US Navy 7 destroyers on the rocks mile and a half from the Shuttle Complex because of the fog. When the tide is really low you can still see some of the wreckage.

Well I still have those two shapers. Large table saw, lold craftsman saw as in real old everything works.
Plus about a pick up worth of wood trim and brick molding.
You have to pick it up.
I will be back some time in the next ten days. If nobody claims it it's going into the dumpster.
Hmm, Probably not for this project, but I'm sure I could use at least some of that. I don't have much space though... Maybe shoot me some pics when you can please. Do you still have the bandsaw? I completely forgot about that.

-
Back