Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Oil pan

215567962_1162333087600184_7509219105029537396_n.jpg

Head gasket filled the cylinder with water.

Must have been a massive leak. We see hydrolock pretty regularly, but it is from water coming up the exhaust in marine application during panic stop. Forward speed of the boat, operator quickly brings throttle to neutral, pauses a second, then jambs into reverse (to help stop, they think). Unfortunately, the forward momentum with a prop in the water, now in reverse gear, can/will spin the now idle speed engine backwards for a split second due to the prop force being greater than the torque of the engine at idle speed, now exhaust (which is under water) becomes the snorkel directly into waiting cylinders. The boat will stop much faster bringing the throttle to idle and leaving in fwd. The forward momentum is coupled with the prop and engine - engine braking.

Must have been a massive leak. We see hydrolock pretty regularly, but it is from water coming up the exhaust in marine application during panic stop. Forward speed of the boat, operator quickly brings throttle to neutral, pauses a second, then jambs into reverse (to help stop, they think). Unfortunately, the forward momentum with a prop in the water, now in reverse gear, can/will spin the now idle speed engine backwards for a split second due to the prop force being greater than the torque of the engine at idle speed, now exhaust (which is under water) becomes the snorkel directly into waiting cylinders. The boat will stop much faster bringing the throttle to idle and leaving in fwd. The forward momentum is coupled with the prop and engine - engine braking.
Wow never thought about it happening in a boat !

Poor Man's surf and turf for dinner. Spaghetti with ground beef and jumbo shrimp. Got enough to eat three more times.
PXL_20220907_223835433.jpg

PXL_20220907_231940971.jpg

PXL_20220907_233028204.jpg

Wow never thought about it happening in a boat !

I remember a customer who stopped to get the hat that blew off his buddy in the boat in front. They were hauling *** in the ocean. Hydrolocked all 3 of the 300hp outboards. I hope that hat was a very nice hat...

I remember a customer who stopped to get the hat that blew off his buddy in the boat in front. They were hauling *** in the ocean. Hydrolocked all 3 of the 300hp outboards. I hope that hat was a very nice hat...
Geez ,would have to be gold plated .

The clock on the microwave is still good, so the blackouts didn't roll through here. Got one of their cell phone warnings yesterday while in town :mad: thought my phone was going to explode in my pocket. Each signal light after had to take an extra glance to see if the signal was still lit up and powered :realcrazy:. This part of the world the solar farms would have been at maximum efficiency :thumbsup:. The wind farms not so much. NWS chart had nothing but ZEROS in the wind speed column all day :realcrazy:.
The clock on the wall says two o clock!

Well just got off the tractor 30 acres of brush hogging later. Maybe a little less tomorrow. I got South pasture done and part of North pasture. A good day. Here is our view from the front porch. Mist covered hills. I dig that! The pasture in picture is what I will be mowing tomorrow. My guts are shook out, bourbon and bed.

7C5DE83D-2294-4578-B4CB-BDAF73ED9726.jpeg

Well just got off the tractor 30 acres of brush hogging later. Maybe a little less tomorrow. I got South pasture done and part of North pasture. A good day. Here is our view from the front porch. Mist covered hills. I dig that! The pasture in picture is what I will be mowing tomorrow. My guts are shook out, bourbon and bed.

View attachment 1715982364
I've told Kitty about all your green cars. Do you have some pictures somewhere? SHe wants to see them.

1CC97FBC-2FA7-4C60-9E8B-865E6975A372.jpeg
C0BA6B62-B19A-4636-AC2F-1DDE2ABFDA7E.png
Got metal on roof done, no more rain into shed. A few things to sort, but it will be dry. shingles were rough.

And this afternoon i bought this and tonight i bought that

-
Back