Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
A new day , a new way !! Good morning everyone

memike 089.JPG

Good Morning Gang...Little bit of a late start today. Waiting on a 97 Ford Truck to be delivered. 5.4 has plugs blown out....:mob:

Good Morning Gang...Little bit of a late start today. Waiting on a 97 Ford Truck to be delivered. 5.4 has plugs blown out....:mob:
LMAO Good money makers those 5.4's I'm surprised there is still one around.

Yup. Helicoil kit. Think i pay $7.00 for each sleeve. Worst ones are back 4.
Junk. I did plugs on a truck, think torque was 30 ft-lbs and about 2 years later the plugs started blowing out. Wrecks coil almost every time.

Junk. I did plugs on a truck, think torque was 30 ft-lbs and about 2 years later the plugs started blowing out. Wrecks coil almost every time.
I sold a steel insert set. It came with a reamer and a tap. The steel inserts were a solid fix.

Yeah....This plug is #4 I think. In the back on the passenger side. WooHoo.......

Yeah, I dont have a kit. But my good buddy Teddy has one he'll lend me.....:thumbsup:
The guys charged $50 for the insert and 1 hour minimum. Cheap fix for the customer and I stood and watched a guy repair one in 20 min.

The guys charged $50 for the insert and 1 hour minimum. Cheap fix for the customer and I stood and watched a guy repair one in 20 min.
LOL, My buddy Teddy told me he charges $600-$800 to do one of them in the rear on either side.....

He' sending it on a flatbed. Says he couldn't start it. Thinks its starter , besides the plug. Been sitting for a while apparently....

LOL . I think thats where my buddy gets his price.....:thumbsup:
Is that a sure thing repair? I never ran into a completely wasted spark plug. I did have to chase threads on the Neon and wasn't sure that was going to work(but it did :thumbsup:)
Sounds like one you go into with an 'if this goes south' clause...

-
Back