Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Is that a sure thing repair? I never ran into a completely wasted spark plug. I did have to chase threads on the Neon and wasn't sure that was going to work(but it did :thumbsup:)
Sounds like one you go into with an 'if this goes south' clause...
Depends upon the condition of the remaining threads in the aluminum head. He told me part of the plug was still in the head, which is as common as blowing the entire plug out. There is a tool to remove the remaining plug part. If the threads are screwed, then I put a steel helicoil in the head. So, we will see , later today when it gets here. Also wont start, and he put a new battery in it. So that will be first.

Morning all, breakfast, coffee then load the car for a 3 hour drive to a good-guys show this weekend. Weather guessers say 30% chance of rain on Saturday.

Sounds like the Queen is not doing well. 96 is a good long life

LOL, My buddy Teddy told me he charges $600-$800 to do one of them in the rear on either side.....
Wow! Its setting the insert that is a pain on back cylinders. A drift to expand knurled part, difficult to swing a hammer.
I count threads,and turn tap that many times, saves the question of if its in far enough. Before screwing in new plug, i start it to blow out the debris.

But what would that job have cost?

Good Morning
$1000 to pull head minimum.
To get right head off a/c needs to be deflated and parts have to come off firewall. Getting intake off is a job in itself.

Day off. Bucket list day. going to visit Brent/HalfassKustoms and bring him some 30’s and 40’s car parts. Trash to me, and it wont go to waste. May make a video.

Morning all, breakfast, coffee then load the car for a 3 hour drive to a good-guys show this weekend. Weather guessers say 30% chance of rain on Saturday.
Hay Jaws !! Enjoy yourself and keep us updated on the trip there, and of course get some pictures of the good times.
Safe travels my friend

Wow not cheap!
I would never do enough of them to justify buying the tool. But.......I got a guy.......:thumbsup::lol:
Back in their heyday, a job or two would pay for the tool. The rest is gravy. Open up your tool box years later and say yor yourself "damn that tool made me thousands"

The Queen just passed.
Never been a royal watcher but interesting nonetheless

Screenshot_20220908_140539.jpg

-
Back