Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just got a call from Old Man Ray.

His brother-in-law just passed away. Ray was down at the shop getting the lift ready to move for this weekend and he got the phone call letting him know. He's so upset right now that he can't even drive himself to where he needs to go; he's waiting for a ride.

He asked me to post this up to let folks know.

I'll wait to hear from him tonight so I can fill in more information, but the lift delivery may be postponed.

huh- here, once you have your MC endorsement you are good to go on anything - I rode for 2 years with just my learners permit - night time and w/passengers (both illegal) and then decided that I really should go the legal route - kinda would have been a stupid ticket to get.. all of it always on the same bike - only street bike I have ever owned..
It's the only decent bike I've ever had. Bought it in the summer of '99 when I for the first time had some cash I could spend on whatever. It is such a great bike. Really outdated, for sure, but still a good bike.

Anyone who buys it will be happy with it.

Also, for the $1,500 I'm asking for it, most young punks will be able to afford it to use it when they practice for their license. It's heavy enough and has a big enough engine so you can get the "big" bike license (we have three different tier motorcycle driver's licenses).

damn - that sucks in a LOT of ways!! thanks for letting us know

His brother-in-law just passed away. Ray was down at the shop getting the lift ready to move for this weekend and he got the phone call letting him know. He's so upset right now that he can't even drive himself to where he needs to go; he's waiting for a ride.

I'll wait to hear from him tonight so I can fill in more information, but the lift delivery may be postponed.

Bollocks. Bad news in deed.

huh- here, once you have your MC endorsement you are good to go on anything - I rode for 2 years with just my learners permit - night time and w/passengers (both illegal) and then decided that I really should go the legal route - kinda would have been a stupid ticket to get.. all of it always on the same bike - only street bike I have ever owned..

Well, there's the "light" bike license which you can get at 16. Maximum 125cc, 11kW and 0,1kW/kg. That's roughly 14 hp and 0.061 hp/lbs.

Then there's the "medium" license. You need to be 18 to get it. Maximum 35 kW and maximum power-to-wight ratio of 0.2 kW/kg.

And then we have the "heavy" bike license which is everything above. You need to be 24 to get it or 22 if you've had the "medium" license for at least 2 years. When you take the test, you need to use a bike that weighs at least 175 kg (386lbs), has at least 50 kW power and has an engine displacement of at least 595 cc.

My bike is 749 cc, 75kW and 200 kg. Perfect. AND it's a nice bike.

Just got an anonymous e-mail offering $500. Tool.

In Maryland, Once you have a Motorcycle Licence, it's good for life. Which may or may not be a good thing. For instance, I have mine, and the last Motorcycle I owned or rode was in 1980 !

Attachments

• 40.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 42.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 94
Well, up to 1980, I think, you got a license to drive a motorcycle along with the license to drive a car. No special test at all.

In Maryland, Once you have a Motorcycle Licence, it's good for life. Which may or may not be a good thing. For instance, I have mine, and the last Motorcycle I owned or rode was in 1980 !

Oh, the licenses you get are for life here, too. Two ways to lose them: Traffic violations (i.e. speeding or drunk driving) or being determined medically unfit.

For speeding you normally only lose it temporarily, though. Repeat offenders may be forced to re-take the test, though.

oooooook

I must have missed many miles ago ......what is with the "lift"

who what where and why ???

Sorry to hear that Ray.

thanks for posting....

oooooook

Duh... #-o

Where have you been??? (Ben???) :scratch: :poke:

The whole "lift party" that they've been planning for months now... It may get postponed...

The average life span for an 18 year old on a Ninja bike around here is 6 - 18 months... :violent1:

So that may be true that it's good for life.... #-o

Oh no! I so sorry to hear that. :(

I hope Wolfie is hanging in there. That's a hard thing to be dealing with. Please pass along my thoughts and prayers for him and his family at this time of loss.

oooooook

Quick synopsis...

Hoppy is getting a shop lift from OMR and a whole bunch of us are heading up to Hoppy's place for the install. Some of the folks are also hitting Carlisle tomorrow on the way.

It's going to be a weekend get together of epic proportions with a bunch of FABO members showing up. Ben Rickster is driving up all the way from Texas to be there. He's on the road now somewhere in Missouri.

The twist today is that OMR's brother-in-law suddenly passed away today and he got the news while getting the lift ready for delivery. The "Lift" part of "Lift day" may not happen since Wolfie needs to take care of family with this sudden loss and the lift can (and should) wait while he does.

I'm sure the get together will still go on regardless of whether the lift makes it to the party.

Do you want to come join the fun?

Just spoke to hops. I can't make . One of my brother in laws passed away this morning from apparent heart attack at 42. This one hit me particularly hard. Paul was more like a son then a brother in law. Rest in peace Paul.

Just spoke to hops. I can't make . One of my brother in laws passed away this morning from apparent heart attack at 42. This one hit me particularly hard. Paul was more like a son then a brother in law. Rest in peace Paul.

Amen Brother !! Prayers from here for sure.

Wolfie.... you need to take care of yourself and your family. Everything lift wise will come together when it does. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family my friend. We will meet just not this weekend.

-
Back