Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Anders you have anything like craigslist there?
Oh, sure. It's called blocket. But Facebook is taking a lot of the action lately. Free and (very) local, Quick deals.

Most of what I find for my car is on the Swedish Mopar buy&sell group.

Totally rusted out all the panels, floor. A good parts car to strip then junk.
Oh come on Ray, a little buffing and it will be good as new. 90% rust free barn find (the other 10% fell off on the way over) . The bondo on top of he fender that is damn near split in half makes it '1-of-1'. LOL

really? I am surprised - everything I have heard or read about the AirGap has been good (if not really good).. 'splain yourself man!
My reaction exactly. Isn't the RPM AirGap the best two-plane intake there is from idle to 5.500-6.000?

The thing is I really want to wrench on the engine. I need to get a reason to take it apart.

Ooh! And this non-Mopar dude sold me a thumb wheel radio for $60 shipped yesterday!

I jumped on it, I have no idea if it was a good deal. What do they fetch over there?

My reaction exactly. Isn't the RPM AirGap the best two-plane intake there is from idle to 5.500-6.000?

The thing is I really want to wrench on the engine. I need to get a reason to take it apart.
performance upgrades are a good enough reason - just do it

Ooh! And this non-Mopar dude sold me a thumb wheel radio for $60 shipped yesterday!

I jumped on it, I have no idea if it was a good deal. What do they fetch over there?
really depends on condition - and the usual variables.. sounds like you did well though

It won't fit my car in its current condition and he didn't know if it even works.

Don't really know why i got it ...:realcrazy:

really? I am surprised - everything I have heard or read about the AirGap has been good (if not really good).. 'splain yourself man!

The LD4B is a great intake. It's the 318 version of the LD340 and has great street manors.

When we bought the oldest boy's Valiant with a 318, it had a performer intake and 4 bbl carb. We installed an LD4B and Edelbrock carb, and it ran great. Strong off the line with no bogs. It put the edelbrock performer to shame.

I would run the LD4B vs the air gap even with the slight port mis match, I think it will be a good street intake on a 360....

Yep, it's good, but the LD340 and LD4B will run great from idle to 6000 and I think that they make more in the low and mid range than the Air Gap. The air gap may be a little better on the top end, but how often is a street cruiser going to see that RPM???

I would stay with the older Edelbrocks if I had a choice. I have a few stashed away for future needs...

Yep, it's good, but the LD340 and LD4B will run great from idle to 6000 and I think that they make more in the low and mid range than the Air Gap. The air gap may be a little better on the top end, but how often is a street cruiser going to see that RPM???

I would stay with the older Edelbrocks if I had a choice. I have a few stashed away for future needs...
huh - I plan to run mine on the strip a few times and I still doubt I will see much over 6000 - interesting... of course I already installed the AirGap so...

huh - I plan to run mine on the strip a few times and I still doubt I will see much over 6000 - interesting... of course I already installed the AirGap so...

They are both good intakes, I prefer the older Edelbrock intakes for street use. Air Gaps are great for the strip and can be bought new still...

Oh boy. You made this difficult for me...

I need to stay away from that Facebook Mopar trade group. Now i just might have bought a set of 340 exhaust manifolds, an Edelbrock 750 carb and a set of new MSD spark plug wires ...

Anyone else having issues getting used to the site? It used to be a fun place.

Then buy both and see which one runs better. They are both good, I just prefer the older ones myself...
The guy wants to make the trade after the summer. This suits me perfectly 'cause then I have a chance to try my car. I might even be able to borrow the AirGap to try it out.

The main thing for me was the magnum heads he has. The intake swap came later, by chance.

-
Back