Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Bill Rolick also is OK. He is the only guy that really repops mopar distributor tags. The alum housing are great the DP just passable depending on the year. Some are embossed PRESTOLITE which he cant do. Not cheap though, $60 a tag for the dp.

products-dscf4769.jpg

his are like this
s-l500.jpg

Matt this guy is a tool. He posts stuff he does not have and then tries to get it dropped shipped. Found out from CJMP that I bought something from him and he clued me in.
View attachment 1716044676
Depends on the situation. There are distributers that stock stuff just for rellers to take orders and drop ship. That's the business model. But if you advertise something 'in stock' Or give the impression that it's sitting on your shelf....

Morning Matt! Did you get your tech issues sorted out? Let me know when you want to make another run at it. On the bright side we are batting 500! Hah! Note: Matt and I have been working out some Face Time issues between Android and Apple. Two relatively bright guys thwarted by Apple and Android! We have been successful half the time!

Tony's parts I wont deal with any more. needed a DP repop lead fast so he is close. Called him, sure it will be in the mail today. Took two weeks and came from USA1! Never again.
before he went on TV I bought a tail light assembly from him. Somehow the price went up a couple bucks between when he listed it on his website and when I called. It was all cleaned up and ready to install so I'll give him that. Didn't really like dealing with him.

Almost 50 today! Woo hoo. Hopefully get the conduit in and welded to the container today!
We really went through the firewood last few days. Think I will get more in today. Days are getting warmer. but lots of cold nights yet I expect.

Dons auto parts has trailers of Tailights in all conditions, you have to call him also. Great guy to deal with.

Notice the building plans in the pic, that fits!
Dang it, photo bombed. I was trying not to get a dog nose in the pix! We eat in the classroom where we have bigger tables. In essence we are camping in the shop while we build the house. If the head carpenter, plumber,and electrician was not such a slacker we would be done by now.

Bill Rolick also is OK. He is the only guy that really repops mopar distributor tags. The alum housing are great the DP just passable depending on the year. Some are embossed PRESTOLITE which he cant do. Not cheap though, $60 a tag for the dp.

View attachment 1716044680
his are like this

View attachment 1716044681
The thing with Bill is that he's straight up with what he has in stock, what he has made up, and what he gets from others.
I feel like he tries to get things right.

Non-automotive but this guy I would never trust. he posts stuff like this

You would think it was made in 1943 but its a reproduction.
He sells far more expensive parts the same way. Stay far away

He does. Not a bad vender at all. I have like 5 tags I need made up, only time I change them is when they break off. I throw them in with the dist to prove what it is. There are a ton of retagged Dual points out there you have to watch it. I see the repop tags on some real exxpensive cores. Clue is they are engraved not stampeed. Working on a ource for them stamped, been back and forth a few times with the company. If it come through they will be perfect.

Morning Matt! Did you get your tech issues sorted out? Let me know when you want to make another run at it. On the bright side we are batting 500! Hah! Note: Matt and I have been working out some Face Time issues between Android and Apple. Two relatively bright guys thwarted by Apple and Android! We have been successful half the time!
Haven't dug into that really. A quick google search wasn't turning up anything. I think we need to start over, but need to dig in a little more first. I found the smart phone version of programs so frustrating and diffucult to control.

In the meantime my cousin has been walking me through getting a laptop running. So that may be another option. He's actually pretty close to @71340Duster

He does. Not a bad vender at all. I have like 5 tags I need made up, only time I change them is when they break off. I throw them in with the dist to prove what it is. There are a ton of retagged Dual points out there you have to watch it. I see the repop tags on some real exxpensive cores. Clue is they are engraved not stampeed. Working on a ource for them stamped, been back and forth a few times with the company. If it come through they will be perfect.
Then you'll have to guard it so the fraudsters don't get thier little hands on it!

Then you'll have to guard it so the fraudsters don't get thier little hands on it!
This company does fantastic reproductions of any type of tag. Set up is what hurts. Amazing work. I was just clued in on the tag differences a few years ago. To me easy to tell what was retagged. Now was it just because the tag was damaged or a fraud. Never know till you pull it apart and check numbers, but clocking is a hint also. Hell of alot into this stuff than you would think. Now this pre 50's stuff is really interesting. you definately need the books for them for info.

Yeh, the 'dated 1943' looks to be intentional misleading to scam you without ever telling you its original.
There was a guy who could tell from just looking at the fabric and stiching. This one is easy because the snap button is dead center on the back of the pouch. Originals are offset because the whole point of the snap is to keep it in place on a pistol (web) belt. With the snap centered the pouch covers the belt buckle.

Non-automotive but this guy I would never trust. he posts stuff like this
[/URL]

You would think it was made in 1943 but its a reproduction.
He sells far more expensive parts the same way. Stay far away
I'm on a couple FB groups that try to expose fraudulent stamp sellers. One of the biggest red flags is if they don't list a Scott catalog number, Will just say rare, antique, old, etc. If they had enough info to properly value it they would have it identified as such. But then when someone proves it isn't as stated. it is actual fraud and they can't just play dumb.

Funny how different collecting and restoring is viewed in different fields.
Most classic car guys are fine with replacement parts or reproductions.
With the collectable mil-surp stuff, most want NOS, although I think reenactors may interested in copies.

With the collectable mil-surp stuff, most want NOS, although I think reenactors may interested in copies.
I got to get into that basement of that machine shop I use. They made weapons of all sorts since the 1850's. Supposed to be thousands of things on shelves down there.

I'm on a couple FB groups that try to expose fraudulent stamp sellers. One of the biggest red flags is if they don't list a Scott catalog number, Will just say rare, antique, old, etc. If they had enough info to properly value it they would have it identified as such. But then when someone proves it isn't as stated. it is actual fraud and they can't just play dumb.
I would have thought it pretty difficult to make stamps worth the time and trouble.
OTH some fraudsters seem to do it just to see if they can get away with it. It's like a challenge.

Do have a copy of The Furniture Doctor ?
You can find copies used for a couple bucks
Its got a lot of advice but its also a hoot. Lots of stories of how to do or not do things. Maybe some are true. LOL

The last reenactment I went to the majority of the participants were rocking modern recreations of vintage equipment and clothing. With few exceptions most all the firearms were modern replicas. A lot of the “camp” goods were vintage tho. Pretty sure the horses were all modern as well! @WV64Signet likely has a much more better idea as he has been down that road. It always looked like a black hole for money to me so you know I decided to restore Mopars instead. Hah!

-
Back