Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Must not comment… I promised TMM I’d behave… :BangHead: :(
Smart guy!

post.jpg

1. Fine lines's had flat cross sections in the bends. They had no interest in the details so I just sent it back. No point in using 3/8 line if the tubing cross section is reduced.
2. Classic Tube didn't fit right. I think there was a change between 67 and 68 or 69 in the routing and clip locations.
3. Inline Tube was pretty much OK.

When I needed a replacement brake line on the rear axle, I went with Inline. I don't recall any issues. I forget what failed but nothing on the road. Failures usually occur when removing a wheel cylinder or other disassembly.
I think it was Fine Lines, one trans line was a bit off. Inline brake lines were great

Well lucky me so far been sunny all day just real cold and I can handle that as long as I don't have to go outside.

Well lucky me so far been sunny all day just real cold and I can handle that as long as I don't have to go outside.
Cloudy by mid 70s just 120 miles to the north where my sister lives, they’re getting ice and snow

Rainy and ice here all day, then -10 tonight for some sweet black ice action on the way to work tomorrow

Jesus this day flew buy.. slow *** computers on the bench and watching crap tv... have had worse days but meh..

Well, its almost where i want it. Crossmembers in the way. Will get after it in the morning. Im hurtin.

So.. i have a question... It seems 408 is the most common stroker but a 360 can do 426 with some minor grinding and the cost isn't that much more... why do people stay with 408? will the 360 block and 2bolt mains not be happy with the extra .250 stroke?

P.S. have decided to look for a 360 block and use the 318 til i get a bigger bottom end built, if i'm gonna go 390 i might as well go for 408+

Why? it's what i do for a living.. customers will get made if i throw them away :)

So.. i have a question... It seems 408 is the most common stroker but a 360 can do 426 with some minor grinding and the cost isn't that much more... why do people stay with 408? will the 360 block and 2bolt mains not be happy with the extra .250 stroke?

P.S. have decided to look for a 360 block and use the 318 til i get a bigger bottom end built, if i'm gonna go 390 i might as well go for 408+
408 combination was very popular early on. Fire up your computer and order a kit. Little or no clearancing needed. The 426 combos didn't come until later but are more common place now.

408 combination was very popular early on. Fire up your computer and order a kit. Little or no clearancing needed. The 426 combos didn't come until later but are mire common place now.
ah k, i haven't done anything with cars for almost 20 years and never a small block, didn't know the history of it. Thanks :)

Well, its almost where i want it. Crossmembers in the way. Will get after it in the morning. Im hurtin.
Time to take a break for sure Frank sit back and think about it. It's not like a factory car or truck I'ts you building a new ride. My party wagon has been bad enough not having to mess with the running gear.

Mine was built in 1989. Not a lot of options back then

icetech did you get a chance to go to WPC swap meet at Mccombe community college?

No... i thought bought it but there were only a couple of things i was looking for plus i've been just kinda meh (winter) which made me just skip it.. plus it's like 8 miles away.. much too far :)
I shoulda went to try to find a pig though...

I have a 408 in my Scamp would ya like a ride?

I have a 408 in my Scamp would ya like a ride?
Naw, i know they make power.. was just curious why there are less 426's.. Plus i'm a bad passenger.. a buddy of mine tunes vettes for racing and after riding in a few 1500+ hp cars on street i'm not a good passenger anymore :) I'm happy with 500ish hp.. enough to have fun.

-
Back