Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well the old saying was ,if my aunt had -alls she would be my uncle .
Well now she does, and my uncle doesn't. so I guess that makes him my Aunt.
At least I’m not in Kentucky where one’s father is also his nephew and brother

Kia Niro.

Screenshot_20230222_182626_Chrome.jpg

The Yota and I used to go to the dunes to play, we never even aired down the tires and went wherever we wanted. We were smart enough to not go dropping into any of those bowls where you have to make like you were unscrewing a spark plug to get out :lol:
Got stuck at winnipeg beach one night. 2wd. Would back up- into the water but wouldnt drive ahead. Cost the 3 of us every penny we had to get a loader to pull us out. 300 ish or we waited until a towtruck would come.
My one and only experience with sand

3 evenings of house project. Carpet on stairs and flooring on the landing. Wife has only been waiting 15 years for me to finish the stairwell. “I said i will get to it”

So according to my cpap machine, in the last 72 hours, I’ve slept a total of 6 hours, 37 minutes. And only 2 hours 4 minutes last night. Somehow I’m still conscious now

3 evenings of house project. Carpet on stairs and flooring on the landing. Wife has only been waiting 15 years for me to finish the stairwell. “I said i will get to it”
Guess I'm blessed I have no wife to complain in over 20 years now but I still have my memories and that strong voice telling me FRED TAKE THE GARBAGE OUT!!!!
Other than that I'm normal :realcrazy:

Guess I'm blessed I have no wife to complain in over 20 years now but I still have my memories and that strong voice telling me FRED TAKE THE GARBAGE OUT!!!!
Other than that I'm normal :realcrazy:
That reminds me, have to do a dump run…

Got stuck at winnipeg beach one night. 2wd. Would back up- into the water but wouldnt drive ahead. Cost the 3 of us every penny we had to get a loader to pull us out. 300 ish or we waited until a towtruck would come.
My one and only experience with sand
We were building the freeway there in the bottom of the photo I 210 Sunland Ca. The bridge just above it Foothill Blvd. Our construction yard was there where it looks like the 2 roadways meet.
AF0001_000451-00004.jpg

We were enjoying some adult beverages in the yard after work one afternoon when a fellow we didn't recognize approached us and asked for some help. Seems he and his friends were playing in his Jeep in Big Tujunga Wash there, the reason for those 2 bridges and gotten stuck in the sand. "I'll go get the loader." I said. Dave the labor foreman puts the fellow in his truck "I'll meet you over there with some cables." Dave looked at the Jeep in it's predicament "Grab that water can. I'll get this one." We got the cute girls and the other male passenger out of the Jeep and on to solid ground. Half a water can in each hole the tires were trapped in, Dave climbs in puts it in reverse, slips the clutch a little and it pops right out :lol: " Two cases of Oly and don't do it again." :lol: Big Tujunga Wash like so many others supplied a whole bunch of the building aggregates for the LA Basin.

-
Back