Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Getting the correct push rod length was critical for oil flow. The adjusters had a very small window of adjustment for oil passages into the rocker...
And, using Magnum Rhodes roller lifters, two push rods rubbed, and the head had to be clearanced. push rod holes...

Getting the correct push rod length was critical for oil flow. The adjusters had a very small window of adjustment for oil passages into the rocker...
so you were sure to hit the "Sweet spot" in the rocker sweep, as to not cover the hole (more than possible anyways) at peak, and/or low lift. I think I'm following!

Well house is clean garage is next. A neighbor is restoring an old 1970 flat nose semi and needs some help repairing a fiber glass lower side panel. Soooo looks like I'm elected to help him out. Don't mind helping a neighbor as long as they don't try and push me into a lot of work for free.

Well house is clean garage is next. A neighbor is restoring an old 1970 flat nose semi and needs some help repairing a fiber glass lower side panel. Soooo looks like I'm elected to help him out. Don't mind helping a neighbor as long as they don't try and push me into a lot of work for free.
I dont mind helping a guy out, but i can’t work for free. Those are words i use often.

Cleaned the floor in shop(at least the part i could see) and hung door back on firebird. Still fits like crap. I modified the body to improve door gap, at least paint wont chip when door closes. I checked with my profile gauge, its definitely the body thats out of whack. Next is cut bottom of door opening. Then probably have to fight to get fender to fit. Like moving it rearward 1/4-3/8”.
Then how well is hood going to fit? Damn, wish i never got into this..naahh, its all working out. Be funny if i need to stretch fender though.

I dont mind helping a guy out, but i can’t work for free. Those are words i use often.
"Show me the beer."
th?id=OIP.jpg

This is a long day, still need to bring pellets in, move firebird out and bring the chevybaker in.

This guy just wanted some advice and was very good about not wanting me to do the work only suggestions. I don't mind, the guy cleared the trees off my land with his track hoe and did a good job so happy to help him.

Cleaned the floor in shop(at least the part i could see) and hung door back on firebird. Still fits like crap. I modified the body to improve door gap, at least paint wont chip when door closes. I checked with my profile gauge, its definitely the body thats out of whack. Next is cut bottom of door opening. Then probably have to fight to get fender to fit. Like moving it rearward 1/4-3/8”.
Then how well is hood going to fit? Damn, wish i never got into this..naahh, its all working out. Be funny if i need to stretch fender though.
You got the frame under it I'm guessing with the core support and fenders on?

I know it's around the valley somewhere, a rat rod made with a Pete cabover cab and a GM dually chassis. I've only seen it once though. Cab set mid chassis with the grill removed and the BBC protruding from the opening, Pete narrow nose grill shell at the front where it should be. Pretty wild lookin' :realcrazy: :thumbsup::lol:

I know it's around the valley somewhere, a rat rod made with a Pete cabover cab and a GM dually chassis. I've only seen it once though. Cab set mid chassis with the grill removed and the BBC protruding from the opening, Pete narrow nose grill shell at the front where it should be. Pretty wild lookin' :realcrazy: :thumbsup::lol:
Cabovers are cool spent a lot of time in one when I was real young with my dad.

-
Back