Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Luckily it isn't that bad near me... i rarely leave the house without dress clothes on though.. i never want to be a walmart person :)

I'm headed to Wally World today, need an oil filter for my lawn tractor, prolly some 10-30 too. I usually buy my oil there in the 5 quart, so much cheaper than elsewhere on the Island.

Morning all you movers and shakers. cool here this morning but mid 60s later. Need to get some cleaning done in the shop. Decided it was a mess yesterday.

You need snow dogs with a metal roof Mike
Snow dogs yes. A metal roof rake no thanks. I used one on my tile roof (very carefully) but not on this metal roof. Way too spendy to dent and scrape up. And a rake can't get to the peak so the snow still slides down. THe dogs might help. I need to try them on the backside roof to see how well they work.

nc_ohc=c-MuOQIV-oMAX_2DTDL&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.jpg

Well, most of the door skin is working out ok. Bottom edge is going for **** though. I havent fripped it yet so dont know how it looks. Its going to need a little filler.

Damn lazy people... Up at 5.. at work by 6... the day starts at 6. BTW.. it kind of pisses me off that stuff opens so early.. i'm lucky walmart and kroger open at 6 so i can get shopping done without having to be around other humans :)
:lol: The guys and gals that had to lay the construction materials I prepared had to be there at 7. I had to load them much earlier :lol:

blueprint won't sell shortblocks anymore, only long blocks due to a shortage of parts which makes ZERO sense... and i already have heads on order.

I do appreciate the interest in wanting to go with us. The reason we are no longer offerings short blocks (for any make) is multi fold.
1. It is in fact a parts issue. If we're going to consume crank, rods, pistons, bearings, etc. They need to go into one of the 100+ other mopars we have sold, ranging from longblocks, to complete engine/trans packages. Doesn't make sense for us unfortunately to consume a block, etc, when we have much more complete, higher margin packages that need the same parts.
2. All cores are magnums. 90% of the customers that would want a shortblock, have LA heads. Yes there are some ways to make that work, but it's not simple. And not all customers understand the difference, believe it or not.
3. We are at full capacity with an immense engine backorder list. A Shortblock simply is a low margin product. That same spot on the assembly line could be a complete 408, a hemi, a 632 BBC, etc.
4. lastly, shortblocks are unfortunately a high warranty item. The reason we keep launching engines with more, and more dress, is that it leaves less and less room for error at the customer/installer level. Not all customers are as savvy as you fine people. We've had "install shops" call us and ask how to set timing....you can imagine how many warranties we save by Dyno testing every engine, and installing a carb, intake, even a trans and pulleys. Far cry from leaving it to the end user to install every component that a short block is missing, and then wonder about the quality of the parts they selected themselves (new?used? ebay specials?)

Thats my explanation in a nutshell. Margin, Shortages, capacity, warranty, etc.

May revisit some day, but not in this environment. Hope that helps make some sense.

no worries! If i was a betting man, I'd guess the heads you have on order are LA's?
Yeah, trickflows, can always use the oil through pushrod rockers if i need to. Not a big thing i get why you guys would rather do a full long block, especially warranty issues when someone does something stupid setting up a cam/top end.. as a business owner i know what it's like dealing with humans :)

-
Back