Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Where's that sign..."I Welded and it Helded!"
hahah well.. a lot of it is me being lazy.. i should have switched to .030... but just didn't feel like it.. so doing that whole job with .023 was a bit much.. It's done though.. will clean the welds and seam seal it soon, care is stiffer for sure

K.. drivers rear window regulator cleaned and back in... The older regluator design is complete crap.. with everything cleaned and lubed they still don't run smooth. annoys me..

Also finished welding the frame connectors in.. I am 100% ashamed of my welds.. I used to weld for a living and i would fire me for what i just did :) Upside down on a cold floor using my not normal hand is no way to weld.... It's all solid just looks like ***
See, i got it all wrong, all my visible welds look bad, all the stuff you cant see turn out nice.
What’s up with that?

See, i got it all wrong, all my visible welds look bad, all the stuff you cant see turn out nice.
What’s up with that?
Problem with welding is that it truly is something that if you don't do it now and then you really lose it.. been almost 20 years and i am soo out of practice...

Was gonna order head studs for my motor but not for $240... bolts are $105... crazy price difference

Problem with welding is that it truly is something that if you don't do it now and then you really lose it.. been almost 20 years and i am soo out of practice...

Was gonna order head studs for my motor but not for $240... bolts are $105... crazy price difference
studs are better.....

If i were boosting yeah.. but for 9.6:1 it will be fine.. I also believe the clamping is 110# vs. 100#
Spray your head gasket with copper head gasket sealer.....perma tex or
5EVZ4_AS01?$adapimg$&hei=536&wid=536.jpg

1345541294.jpg

well.. the pic doesn't show washers but it says it comes with em... time will tell :)

Man.. steve morris' new rear end is nuts.. 12" mark williams... Looks like it's made for a tank

My youngest son works here in my small town at the local bar 2 nights a week. Figured it would be a slow night since all the roads are closed from bad weather. NOPE farmers were bored jumped in there tractors and at the bar for happy hour.
Trying to get him to send me a picture but looks like he must be busy. LOL

Damn, I know! I just paid 487 bucks for head studs for the Cummins. Bolts were actually MORE!

My youngest son works here in my small town at the local bar 2 nights a week. Figured it would be a slow night since all the roads are closed from bad weather. NOPE farmers were bored jumped in there tractors and at the bar for happy hour.
Trying to get him to send me a picture but looks like he must be busy. LOL

I remember pumping gas at the Sunoco in High School.. when the snow was bad I would walk the mile or so to the station and open up. My customers would be snowmobiles until the State cleared the main road through town.

Fun times

Always do :) when i use metal gaskets at least...

I was just having a thought, using studs when a block was bored/honed using bolts wouldn't the extra clamping force distort the cylinders if i went to studs?
Ehh doubtful.

I remember pumping gas at the Sunoco in High School.. when the snow was bad I would walk the mile or so to the station and open up. My customers would be snowmobiles until the State cleared the main road through town.

Fun times
My first job was at a gas station and yea I walked a long ways to work If I remember right gas was 25 cents a gallon.

-
Back