Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I had a friend that always drove Vegas (which i love) and Chevettes.. honestly if you took care of them they weren't bad... The mid 80's chrysler **** though like daytonas and omnis... NO... never....
I bought a Chevy Vega wagon while stationed in Hawaii, California car, weidest looking 4 banger in it, great car and the locals wouldn't leave me alone, no rust in that one, rare for Oahu

Morning!
-9 going to -1. Snow is done, and daily highs are above freezing start tomorrow.

Not mine but the wifes 99 Firebird is a POS. Nothing is easy on it at all! Latest is the body control moduale. Controls top, windows, radio etch. Get a new reconditioned one $200. Install it no start ok needs to be programmed. bring it to the dealer to do it. Hour later they cant do it it is not taking the right codes. WTF and $100 to boot also! Did I say I hate that car!

Not mine but the wifes 99 Firebird is a POS. Nothing is easy on it at all! Latest is the body control moduale. Controls top, windows, radio etch. Get a new reconditioned one $200. nstall it no start ok needs to be programmed. bring it to the dealer to do it. Hour later they cant do it it is not taking the right codes. WTF and $100 to boot also! Did I say I hate that car!
I think you did lol. I hate "Smart"

Speaking of Titty Thursday.... girl that works 2 doors down from me and visits a few times a day... 5'2" with 36G's and about 125#... just ridiculous....she makes me insane. Got titties on the mind :)
kat-dennings-nude-featured.webp

Needs antique insurance and parked in a bad area in the burg for a few hours!

Been sick as a dog for three days now, head cold hit me, storms brought it in I guess :BangHead:
But I could have got it from an outdoor auction I went to Saturday.. people got a little to close wanting to talk :poke::BangHead:

Been sick as a dog for three days now, head cold hit me, storms brought it in I guess :BangHead:
But I could have got it from an outdoor auction I went to Saturday.. people got a little to close wanting to talk :poke::BangHead:
That sucks, get well my friend!

Tell you what one of the best I ever had is my ss cobalt, just keeps on ticking. 32MPG to boot around here. Horrible on tires though the way I drive it.

A tangent on the question is what's the worst car you had that you loved?

I had an early Isuzu Rodeo with the Chevy V6 in it. I think the heads were warped by design. That thing was like the Batmobile with a massive cloud of smoke every time you started it.... then going up hills it would lose speed like an overloaded semi... but it looked cool ...

We bought a new Jeep/Fiat Trailhawk, they took it away from us on the first oil change for a recall, gave us a Chevy Tahoe, that should have been a sign. The thing started eating oil, like right away, couldn't make it to a 3k oil change mark without running so low on oil it shut the engine down. It was taken in to trade in in an overheating status, gallon of antifreeze onboard, take this POS I told the new car dealer.

My favorite was probably my 71 challenger.. i sold it about 25 years ago and wish i hadn't.. i had a 400 with milled heads and a .484 purple shaft and LOVED it... i put in a .509 purple shaft and HATED it... ended up just about giving it away.. hated that cam soo much

A tangent on the question is what's the worst car you had that you loved?

I had an early Isuzu Rodeo with the Chevy V6 in it. I think the heads were warped by design. That thing was like the Batmobile with a massive cloud of smoke every time you started it.... then going up hills it would lose speed like an overloaded semi... but it looked cool ...
66 Monaco wagon. 383. Burned oil so bad it took a quart to go to work at the gas station which I used waste oil in it. Started getting serious with it and started making it a 2 door. Had that puppy for a few years. Another $50 car.

Beaters were fun you did not care about them at all. Break down pull the plates and leave it. LOL usually on the belt parkway!

My daughters 86 El Camino. Has a steering column issue so had to disconnect the horn. If you turn the key too far when shutting off it easily slips into ACC mode and you get a dead battery. Has a great 350 with a Holley I can't figure out. Damn things parked under my lift so have to start/move it just to work on my Duster!

Beaters were fun you did not care about them at all. Break down pull the plates and leave it. LOL usually on the belt parkway!
My first car was a '66 coronet that i was given cause i asked.. it was sitting on 4 flats and didn't run.. I put a $11 timing chain in the /6 and beat the piss out of it :) Great car... cops took it and i just handed the tow truck driver the title... Beaters are fun when you don't care :)

If I had to pick one, it would be my 73 Challenger, my brother and I painted it Rally Red, I stuffed a 360 out of a wagon in it, a/c kept us cool for 7 years, solid car, sold it to buy a 340 4 speed triple black 73 Challenger, dove that for ever it seems, my youngest son Creed, he is 41 now.

FB_IMG_1641485970599.jpg

All they guys I hung with had beaters. Lol I remember one night at 7-11 (we hung out there in the lot alot) we had a impromptu demo derby. pretty funny started when one guy backed into a friend by accident just grew from there!

Dont think any one had headlights or tailights afterwards! :rofl:

If we expand this love/hate thread to chainsaws I have to mention my Timber Bear. Pronounced it dead yesterday, oiler pump is gone and I don't want to try to dig the one out of my parts saw to fix it as I don't know if the parts one is good and it's buried deep/terrible design. Cut a lot of wood with that saw, will miss it but not miss working on it so much. Bought a Stihl 362R

Image - 2023-04-06T034704.168.jpeg

If we expand this love/hate thread to chainsaws I have to mention my Timber Bear. Pronounced it dead yesterday, oiler pump is gone and I don't want to try to dig the one out of my parts saw to fix it as I don't know if the parts one is good and it's buried deep/terrible design. Cut a lot of wood with that saw, will miss it but not miss working on it so much. Bought a Stihl 362R

View attachment 1716073987
Fine.. It's titty Thursday and chainsaws!
af55cd975d0bd5cdfd1694343853fa05.jpg

-
Back