Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I'm seeing more battery powered saws in Telecom, guys that aren't supposed to carry gas on their rigs but need to access mountain sites. Spendy but if you use it makes sense.
I have a lot of woods and brush. It's better than muscle power and handy when you need something.

I run both bars and chains. Like buying Oregon cause when I stick my saw in a tree felling it and I bend the bar much cheaper to replace : )
I like Oregon bars, only have the one but it’s rebuildable on the end

Went with the MS362, had a 25 inch bar on it so will stick with that unless I don't like it then put on a 20 inch.

View attachment 1716077459
MS 362 is one badass machine , last you a life time maintained
Speaking of saws I picked up this hand held Stihl for small jobs. Battery powered works well cut 4-6” limbs no problems. Doesn’t have an internal oiler so use the oil shown here a couple drops occasionally.

View attachment 1716077470
Wow, never seen this sweet machine, very nice

Woke up to the sound of my old toilet going in the trash truck and a msg on my phone from Rodney trying to coordinate puting my tires on. Weather is beautiful, already in the 60's and gonna be in the 80's. Lookin like a good day!:thumbsup: (but I do have to work :()

Hope its a good morning for everyone, seems to be a good start for me, but yesterday a good start only lasted 3 to 4 hours then back in bed for me, hope to be feeling better today , All Day ! Its been a chitty 11 days for the man on the hill

WOOD PEKKER DENO 011.jpg

Speaking of saws I picked up this hand held Stihl for small jobs. Battery powered works well cut 4-6” limbs no problems. Doesn’t have an internal oiler so use the oil shown here a couple drops occasionally.

View attachment 1716077470
That's pretty slick, never saw one. I would expect that to use some juice though?. What's the AH on the battery?

Don't it though, I am going to check into one for sure
I have Worx cordless yard tools and I bought a cordless pole saw that can be unhooked from the pole. It is handy but the chain tightener doesn't work well and the chain will come off the bar too often. It uses a small chain that is a oddball as well. I need to get something to sharpen it.

worx saw.jpg

I have Worx cordless yard tools and I bought a cordless pole saw that can be unhooked from the pole. It is handy but the chain tightener doesn't work well and the chain will come off the bar too often. It uses a small chain that is a oddball as well. I need to get something to sharpen it.

View attachment 1716077482
Thanks for that information, looking at buying an electric pole saw the next week or so, I will keep you updated

That's pretty slick, never saw one. I would expect that to use some juice though?. What's the AH on the battery?
Found it...10.8V 2.5Ah. Looks almost like a cordless Dremel battery. More amps for the size by keeping the volts down -probably gives a little more run time vs if they did 18-20V. Other mini saws I see are sold with 2 big batteries. Nice they keep the weight down, but I would have a spare on the charger...

Thanks for that information, looking at buying an electric pole saw the next week or so, I will keep you updated
I also have a pole hedge trimmer, a regular trimmer, blower, and weed wacker. All Works and all use the same battery. You can usually buy the tools separately so you don't double up on batteries and chargers. They now have cordless push mowers, a good sized chain saw, and a nice assortment of cordless power tools. (drill, impact, grinder and the like)

Getting ready to order brakes from drdiff, is there any forum discount or anything? Also.. his MC is like $115 which i think is the same as the rock auto one for $65? But he has the option for a "combination valve" for $85 anyone know if there is a general equivalent for less also?

I also have a pole hedge trimmer, a regular trimmer, blower, and weed wacker. All Works and all use the same battery. You can usually buy the tools separately so you don't double up on batteries and chargers. They now have cordless push mowers, a good sized chain saw, and a nice assortment of cordless power tools. (drill, impact, grinder and the like)
I have a works weed blower that I got 2nd hand but the darn thing will run for a minute and stop I let it set for a minute and it starts again. Think maybe the battery is about shot.

Getting ready to order brakes from drdiff, is there any forum discount or anything? Also.. his MC is like $115 which i think is the same as the rock auto one for $65? But he has the option for a "combination valve" for $85 anyone know if there is a general equivalent for less also?
I think he gives FABO 10% off

Hate ordering parts I'm always concerned about getting the wrong size.

-
Back