Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My Ford friend swears by Magnetos. Says they hardly ever fail if you maintain them. Personally, never messed with them. My farm yard friend wants me to get into them for the tractors. To many irons in the fire.

My Ford friend swears by Magnetos. Says they hardly ever fail if you maintain them. Personally, never messed with them. My farm yard friend wants me to get into them for the tractors. To many irons in the fire.
Big spark and no MSD box! LMAO

Yes it is. Used to be good. You first need to figure out what cam/combo on engine, match the curve then shop from there. Any aftermarket distributor is usually a super fast curve, hemis do not like that. whatevery you buy make sure it is easily adjustable.

Yes it is. Used to be good. You first need to figure out what cam/combo on engine, match the curve then shop from there. Any aftermarket distributor is usually a super fast curve, hemis do not like that. whatevery you buy make sure it is easily adjustable.
He is still researching cams.

That is what was on there?
Thats 60's or so aftermarket should have a tag on it. Hard to beat thier output usually 50K plus. Personally, if it works, its vintage just clean it up and check it out and run with it. Wow factor is there for that car.

He is still researching cams.
My experience doing distribs for Ray Barton hemis usually the max mechanical all in is around 40-44. Usually all mechanical no vacuum advance. Have him call me seriously when he figures it out.

If I was to do that I would use a stock dual point with a simple Pertronix. @halifaxhops
Or Totally vintage IBB distributor with one of these. What Nascar and Super Stock used to run. Might be overkil.
DSC01109.JPG

Pannukakku for breakfast. Restaurant named Suomi. So yummy. One of my favorites when up here.

20230430_075345.jpg

20230430_075348.jpg

-
Back