Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
That's a shame.
People take rivalry way too far. Its supposed to be in the spririt of competition in a good way, not as the evil enemy.
Heck its not even a rivalry anymore. Plymouth is gone. Dodge is largerly about trucks. Likewise Pontiac Oldsmobile etc.

Tell you what. John Heinricy, GM's director of performance, had no problem driving a Dodge Viper to prove they were as capable of wins as the Pheonix prepped Corvettes he was normally driving.
Lemme find some documentation. Maybe it will thaw the ice.
Yeah.. he's a *** about it... anything that's not GM is ****... my last gm product was a 2011 corvette grand sport.. i sold it with 2200 miles on it and ate 25k to get rid of it.. the bump steer was so bad that i couldn't go straight at 30mph and GM told me it's the wide tires... it was my 3rd more modern vette and the only one with those issues... **** GM forever...

Although the LS is damn good..

Go with the kt seriously. FRB is 15 each way since Willie is a nice guy and will lend it. It will install them also. No press needed. And has the dreaded ball joint socket also.

Go with the kt seriously. FRB is 15 each way since Willie is a nice guy and will lend it. It will install them also. No press needed. And has the dreaded ball joint socket also.
yeah. i ordered the kit from drdiff that comes with a-arms with ball joints installed... skipping that mess :)

Good. Think the install I cobbled together out of it just needed a longer piece of threaded rod. Trust me you will not regret it.

Hey !!! Don't you have work to do ????
LOL. Just been puttering around in garage. Took the bearings off spindle shafts. Long weekend is done. Almost time to get ready to go to 'the job'. Wish I could call off, but would lose yesterday's pay too. :BangHead:

Drove dart 100 miles. New mufflers. Swaped series 40 Flowmaster to 50 series. Big difference. Not noticeable performance difference. Car ran mostly freeway. 70 mph 2200 rpm. Sweet

Good. Think the install I cobbled together out of it just needed a longer piece of threaded rod. Trust me you will not regret it.
Even with the socket, those upper ball joints can be a mother...er. I got the bushings out and in with a miscelanious parts rig.
img_0212-jpg.jpg

Yeah, i didn't want to fight with the bushings or ball joint... i'm glad the kit comes loaded.. i just hope it comes with the right ball joint for the spindles i got, if not it won't be bad to get a brand new one out of a new a-arm.. i hope :)

Think in know why the car got parked.. between rust starting to eat it, and both lower ball joints so bad that it had to be clunking down the road it was just a buncha little things that made new car look more like a bargain. One thing i hadn't seen before were the factory plastic covers over the ball joint nuts.. Kinda nifty

Whoop Minnesota just got legal weed :) my buddy from north dakota is already looking for a job there... hates ND soo much

So. Magnum engines are all roller from factory. But they all use a iron dist drive gear....hmmm same as LA
They use a different metal for the cam so they can use a iron gear.. I'm guessing that performance rollers use a harder core for the cams to not twist with more aggressive ramps and lobes compared to stock stuff

Just need to get pressure/support on right spots. I think it was on here someone said they bent them in a press supporting from opposite side instead of one side at a time.

Mancini kit made all the UCA work easy. LCA was simple, to a point, then you have to get the old bushing sleeve out and it's a suck-fest of cold chisel and hammering.

Mancini kit made all the UCA work easy. LCA was simple, to a point, then you have to get the old bushing sleeve out and it's a suck-fest of cold chisel and hammering.
I'm gonna do the weld in a washer and use a big *** hammer trick to get it out

I did washer weld. But without a press, it’s still a ‘suck fest’ lol
Just need a bigger hammer :) i have a 8pd sledge head on a normal 1 hand hammer size.... if it doesn't work then i will go with a press.. either way.. will figure it out

Just need a bigger hammer :) i have a 8pd sledge head on a normal 1 hand hammer size.... if it doesn't work then i will go with a press.. either way.. will figure it out
Just a contest of wills. You need to want it out more than it wants to stay in... :lol: Good Luck!

They use a different metal for the cam so they can use a iron gear.. I'm guessing that performance rollers use a harder core for the cams to not twist with more aggressive ramps and lobes compared to stock stuff
Hmmmm

-
Back