Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning!
Did lots of wandering around through the night. 3:30 think i finally fell asleep. Then up at 5:30. Had coffee, want to take a nap. Not happenin.
Damn, been there, I hate it.

I heard straight simple green works great. I am a bit biased though on citrus orange, does a great job in the parts cleaner.

I heard straight simple green works great. I am a bit biased though on citrus orange, does a great job in the parts cleaner.

I picked up a gallon of the aircraft grade Simple Green... stronger, but supposedly safe on aluminum.

20230610_143648.jpg

20230610_175803.jpg

You have to watch on aluminum. Oil eater, certain other cleaners will oxidize the hell out of it. Most of what I clean is aluminum cases.

Then if you do not rinse right away though ugly steel cases will rust fast also. No real in between for me yet. Will play with this first with straight simple green. Carb guys use it alot. Want to stay water based. Others very hard to dispose of around here.

Then if you do not rinse right away though ugly steel cases will rust fast also. No real in between for me yet. Will play with this first with straight simple green. Carb guys use it alot. Want to stay water based. Others very hard to dispose of around here.

Simple Green and EvapoRust

Evaporust is awsome, just gets weak fast. CLR basically does the same take a bit longer though.

Evaporust is awsome, just gets weak fast. CLR basically does the same take a bit longer though.
I keep it in a storage tote as a soak tank... pop the cover back on to make it last. Stuff I have in there now is kinda funky after soaking the exhaust manifolds but they came out really nice

We had some serious aluminum cleaner on the aircraft. Holy crap made stuff look brand new after a few minutes. pretty unsafe though....

We had some serious aluminum cleaner on the aircraft. Holy crap made stuff look brand new after a few minutes. pretty unsafe though....

LoL

Yeah... I used to be up to my elbows in trichlorotrifluoroethane cleaning radio parts... amazing stuff. Very toxic...NOW they tell me :lol:

-
Back