Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
And now for something completely different.

I built my “Hecklers Bench” today on the deck. A place where folks can enjoy an ice cold glass of….. Water and do their best to distract the shooter. Heckling is an art form, this thread takes it to new levels!

View attachment 1716105594
That's a nice big deck! How big is your deck John? :poke: :rofl: :rofl:

That's a nice big deck! How big is your deck John? :poke: :rofl: :rofl:

Well I have never had any complaints about the size of my deck? While it is not aging particularly well, In fact with a little structural support it could likely last me another ten years or so? It may not be pretty but it is still getting the job done.

5800 PSI....and here's the thing. At the depth of the Titanic, it's ONLY TWO HUNDRED METERS away from the submersible's maximum depth. Talk about stupid. Since it has previous dives, each time stresses the hull. It does have a life span. There wasn't enough of a cushion if you ask me. The DeepSea Challenger could do it. It's withstood over EIGHT TONS PSI a few times to the bottom of the Mariana's Trench. That's almost 36,000 feet.
Risk management. Self preservation runs pretty high on my list, some people will stand on a precipiece on the edge of the grand canyon with 50 mph gusts and think nothing of it.

Its too bad, but they werent forced to do it.

Risk management. Self preservation runs pretty high on my list, some people will stand on a precipiece on the edge of the grand canyon with 50 mph gusts and think nothing of it.

Its too bad, but they werent forced to do it.
Well, they're gone now.

Penn dot
Just announced I 95 will be open for traffic tomorrow.
They brought in a jet dryer to aid in keeping the highway dry

Came home ready to weld in patches and be done with rust repair!! put on grimy clothes... walked around for 20 mins looking for a sharpie i used 24 hours ago.. and it's gone.. got hungry, gave up and am making dinner, Will bring home more sharpies from work tomorrow.. Not my most productive day :)

Last edited:
That will be interesting to see who signs off on that saying it is structurally safe??
Yeah.. that cement is gonna be at least 8" i can't see how rushing drying it will help anything more than cracking it.. but i'm not a engineer...

Well daughter just called surgery running late can I take the GD to her softball game. She has to be there at 5;30 and it's 93 degrees and going to rain humid. Cheryl is out of town at a lawyer gig so guess I'm the lucky one. Going to have to mix me an adult beverage to go. Good thing is we only live three miles from the ball field.

On a brighter note finally sold my two 67 Barracuda hoods and passenger door. Guy is coming here to pick them up Saturday, he lives about four hours away.

Came home ready to weld in patches and be done with rust repair!! put on grimy clothes... walked around for 20 mins looking for a sharpie i used 24 hours ago.. and it's gone.. got hungry, gave up and am making dinner :( Will bring home more sharpies from work tomorrow :( Not my most productive day :)
Been there, done that!

Got home from work today and decided it was time to replace my broken oil dipstick tube on my Scamp.
Yea it broke off flush with the block but got it out and now I have a shinny new dip stick tube and dip stick. Karl!!!

Got home from work today and decided it was time to replace my broken oil dipstick tube on my Scamp.
Yea it broke off flush with the block but got it out and now I have a shinny new dip stick tube and dip stick. Karl!!!
how did you get it out?

how did you get it out?
wedged a small flat blade screwdriver and hammer on the side of the tube and smashed the side of the tube in as it went down.

IMG_20230622_172422273.jpg

Does it go in and out easy. Asking for Karl.:rolleyes:

-
Back