Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Remind me not to go to any concerts at Red Rocks in Colorado during thunder storm season. :eek: Golf ball sized hail during a show last night. Many injured.
Who was playing ?
My buddy Bill is loaded up and heading to Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove for the Out of Sight drags. He is racing with the Brew City Gassers.

View attachment 1716105460

View attachment 1716105461

View attachment 1716105462
This is the complete set up in my book, a gas card in the clove box and a good set of sunglasses :thumbsup:
Screw all that backreadin. Just jump in and hold on.
That me, jump in and keep our hands away from the rail :lol:

If that's the case, they're probably done. Unless somehow the hull is still in one piece and has O2 still.
Zero chance... that thing would have imploded so fast they didn't even know it happened.. the pressure down there is so insane i don't think most people have an idea about it or they wouldn't have considered going down. On the upside it's an instant death and they more than likely didn't even know it happened.

Well they found the sub, in pieces next to the big ship
I hope this never happens again, terrible thing to happen, I would make every one of these things have a emergency deployable balloon with a tracker on it..
Prayers to all the staff and friends, family... thank you for the update

Sadly hundreds of migrants died just off greece in the last couple of days that could have easily been saved.. but ya know... poor people don't matter.... (***** really irritating me)

Zero chance... that thing would have imploded so fast they didn't even know it happened.. the pressure down there is so insane i don't think most people have an idea about it or they wouldn't have considered going down. On the upside it's an instant death and they more than likely didn't even know it happened.
5800 PSI....and here's the thing. At the depth of the Titanic, it's ONLY TWO HUNDRED METERS away from the submersible's maximum depth. Talk about stupid. Since it has previous dives, each time stresses the hull. It does have a life span. There wasn't enough of a cushion if you ask me. The DeepSea Challenger could do it. It's withstood over EIGHT TONS PSI a few times to the bottom of the Mariana's Trench. That's almost 36,000 feet.

5800 PSI....and here's the thing. At the depth of the Titanic, it's ONLY TWO HUNDRED METERS away from the submersible's maximum depth. Talk about stupid. Since it has previous dives, each time stresses the hull. It does have a life span. There wasn't enough of a cushion if you ask me. The DeepSea Challenger could do it. It's withstood over EIGHT TONS PSI a few times to the bottom of the Mariana's Trench. That's almost 36,000 feet.
Supposedly the view port on the sub was only rated to 1400meters cause they didn't want to spend money on better.. and the owner of that company many times has complained that safety is over-rated and a pain and not worth doing....

Supposedly the view port on the sub was only rated to 1400meters cause they didn't want to spend money on better.. and the owner of that company many times has complained that safety is over-rated and a pain and not worth doing....
I read that too but I have to wonder how much of that crap is true or not.

Called them yesterday, they’re out of everything for 51-53 331s
I was checkin' out Advanced Adapters for something on the web and saw Wilcap there in the list. Heck they are right up the beach from here, and Pismo Beach is not a major industrial hub by any means :lol: Industry to them is making clam chowder for the tourist traffic :lol:.

Sadly hundreds of migrants died just off greece in the last couple of days that could have easily been saved.. but ya know... poor people don't matter.... (***** really irritating me)
I caught briefly news about that. But yeah nothing has changed since titanic went down eh? A majority of those survivors were first class too

I hate to sound like an ***, but why are there 100's on a fishing vessel. Greece and other areas are having boarder crisis like us. Fix the boarder problems and save them from drowning by trying to sneek or force entry through open boarders.

Yep and if they bumped into the big ship, carbon fiber would by design, go poof

I hate to sound like an ***, but why are there 100's on a fishing vessel. Greece and other areas are having boarder crisis like us. Fix the boarder problems and save them from drowning by trying to sneek or force entry through open boarders.
Or maybe stop all the wars over drugs, oil and goats

And that's fine and i agree.. BUT... literally pushing them back into the sea to die isn't a solution... but the world focuses on some rich pricks that died stupidly and i hate that... (really been trying not to post bout it here but here i am... gonna stop now though cause don't wanna rant and get banned) :)

And that's fine and i agree.. BUT... literally pushing them back into the sea to die isn't a solution... but the world focuses on some rich pricks that died stupidly and i hate that... (really been trying not to post bout it here but here i am... gonna stop now though cause don't wanna rant and get banned) :)
Yeah we should probably take this private before we get our pee pee’s smacked by the gun police haha

I'll just keep it on twitter, been annoying people there instead.. :)
Probably best that way. The coffee shop thread is a great place to stop by to get away from all the B/S going on in the world.

When I was a kid going to school down in @Mopar Tim 's neighborhood we had a visitor in class from the Scripps Oceanographic Institute. Along with his visit he brought a tank full of the "air" they breathe in the submersible the institute has. I forget most of the chemical make up of it, no nitrogen at all in it and much of the other gases in the air we breathe is replaced by helium. We all got to try it, it was like listening to Saturday morning cartoons in the class room :lol: .

Probably best that way. The coffee shop thread is a great place to stop by to get away from all the B/S going on in the world.
Agree. There is human tragedy everyday in everyway, that touches us all in some way.
This is a good thread that has promoted comrades among us.
Sure we go off the deep end at times.
Well a few on occasion :rolleyes:.
All in good fun. Appreciate all the knowledge, good times, and folks I've met here.

And now for something completely different.

I built my “Hecklers Bench” today on the deck. A place where folks can enjoy an ice cold glass of….. Water and do their best to distract the shooter. Heckling is an art form, this thread takes it to new levels!

IMG_3994.jpeg

Any who, this weekend promises to be rather annoying. Giant community day at the base I’m stationed at. Those always go so well…

-
Back