Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey, what's for lunch? Ted and I are going here for a brat and a beer!

1687536621196.png

Well after replacing my dipstick tube I been trying to figure out some kinda bracket to hold it solid so it won't break again.
Well this morning I was digging in my odds and end pile of stuff looking for some kind of bracket and couldn't find anything so pulled the seat out on the old truck and had some coffee and a smoke and set there trying to think of something.
and sitting on the old truck next to me was the hinges off a cheap toilet seat that I broke the pressboard lid on trying to mount it to a garbage can for the old truck concession stand.
Call me smart or stupid but it worked good.

IMG_20230623_103013071_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230623_105005296_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230623_105022539_HDR.jpg

Well after replacing my dipstick tube I been trying to figure out some kinda bracket to hold it solid so it won't break again.
Well this morning I was digging in my odds and end pile of stuff looking for some kind of bracket and couldn't find anything so pulled the seat out on the old truck and had some coffee and a smoke and set there trying to think of something.
and sitting on the old truck next to me was the hinges off a cheap toilet seat that I broke the pressboard lid on trying to mount it to a garbage can for the old truck concession stand.

View attachment 1716105887

View attachment 1716105888

View attachment 1716105889

Ingenious

Smart and inventive! Perfect.

Afternoon!
Late to the party today.
Same crappy sleep, and same numb foot and muscle cramps in the calf. Not as bad as usual though.
Hot and humid today, these meds dont help.
Finally got the gas pump off the trailer, need trailer to pick up the Fargo on sunday. Thats the one i bought with a 4” roof chop.

Super nice Fred. We won't tell anyone it came from a toilet seat.:welcome:

Afternoon!
Late to the party today.
Same crappy sleep, and same numb foot and muscle cramps in the calf. Not as bad as usual though.
Hot and humid today, these meds dont help.
Finally got the gas pump off the trailer, need trailer to pick up the Fargo on sunday. Thats the one i bought with a 4” roof chop.
Damn would be nice to see the doctor fix the problem.

I don't know if I'm just being dumb saying this. But to install a new dipstick tube number 2 permTex the end and just use a box wrench that just fits over the tube. Slide it down to the shoulder and tap it in hitting the wrench.

I don't know if I'm just being dumb saying this. But to install a new dipstick tube number 2 permTex the end and just use a box wrench that just fits over the tube. Slide it down to the shoulder and tap it in hitting the wrench.
Well the tube was straight so grabbed a few washers the right size and slid them on then took a hunk of conduit and slid over the tube and hammered on the conduit. Worked great.

Can't be too stupid if it works!
1687541428203.png

so got home and tried the paint.. match is pretty good.. in the pic the shiny part i just shot over some light gray primer, this is supposed to go over dark gray.. also, the paint in the bay is super dirty so should be close enough. Car might be going on hold though.. i owe my landlord $3200.. she hasn't noticed but i need to pay it.. rent went up in my last lease and i forgot to pay more and she never noticed :( Might end up closing my business though.. landlord and his wife have been acting really flakey to me and i'm off lease they can boot me whenever and i don't have the energy or money to move the business... wah wah.. all the whining :) Gonna eat and relax..

Anyway.. i tried some on the quarter where the paint is cleaner/rubbed out and it will be fine..
1687555619389.jpeg

-
Back