Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
We finally received some rain last night and light rain now. Just over an inch of rain, the crops needed it
Finally stopped after 3 days. It did break and sun was out with perfect timing for our picnic yesterday. No idea what the total rainfall was.
Actually I'm hungry! Going ot read the sunday comics and make breakfast.
Got some bacon out of the freezer last night. Thinking that and french toast soon...

Good Morning

Had a nasty storm roll through last evening. Blinked the power at work. Just enough to drop out a few things including the newest big *** main breaker that has phase protection on it. So I had to get my arc flash gear on and reset it.

Scrambled eggs with a sprinkle of cheese, a piece of bacon and toast with apple butter. Coffee black.

Had a nasty storm roll through last evening. Blinked the power at work. Just enough to drop out a few things including the newest big *** main breaker that has phase protection on it. So I had to get my arc flash gear on and reset it.
I'm not touching that switch! Flash gear? no thanks.

We had hail last night. My pick up got it especially the roof. The house and garage roof look good but I haven't looked close.

"Too much to Drink Last Night Omelette" from Kay's sounds real good, but that place is a mad house on Sunday mornings
Most good restaurants are. Especially diner types. I worked at the R&S diner right out of high school. Place was insane Sunday Morning. Highest volume of the week

I'm not touching that switch! Flash gear? no thanks.
I've been throwing big breakers most of my life. This was actually the first time I had the proper face shield/hood and used it. If you really want to put it in perspective. look at the wide open 'knife' switches and other equipment that used to power factories. Probably turned on and off bare handed by the custodian.

I've been throwing big breakers most of my life. This was actually the first time I had the proper face shield/hood and used it. If you really want to put it in perspective. look at the wide open 'knife' switches and other equipment that used to power factories. Probably turned on and off bare handed by the custodian.
One of the practical things I lernt from MSHA was "never stand directly in front of a circuit breaker when switching it". Had a 100 amper grenade on me once. Not fun.

We had hail last night. My pick up got it especially the roof. The house and garage roof look good but I haven't looked close.
Hopefully nothing that cant be fixed or replaced and all insured.... We had hail once so far this year. I wasn't home, but believe it was only 'pea size' We do get bigger stuff though. I think it was more like quarter size that got us a new roof and gutters from insurance a few years back.

Hate that for you Mike. You just have to sit and watch it happen.
Here's a few from around town.

img_3_1687700014336.jpg

img_2_1687699989645.jpg

img_1_1687699974284.jpg

One of the practical things I lernt from MSHA was "never stand directly in front of a circuit breaker when switching it". Had a 100 amper grenade on me once. Not fun.
Not even sure what the amps were on this. I think the 6-8 subpanels it feeds are at least 100's. I'll have to look tomorrow. When I ran the refrig systems I was frequently throwing 500A or bigger like they were light switches. LOL

-
Back